Nicole Atkins: Ask Me Anything

awesome! I hope she can make it. I think ya'll have lotsa lead time to nail down that babysitter. hahah!
I'm curious what your wheelhouse is goatfish! I'm looking for new things to listen to as well. hit me!

Haha definitely a lot of time! I anticipate I'll see you there.

I'm one of the resident extreme music/metalheads around here (doom, death and black), although I adore classic rock, darker, more ethereal indie folk stuff and am digging this new wave of interesting country artists (Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, Courtney Marie Andrews).

My fave records of late I've been listening to a lot from the past couple years:

Khemmis - Desolation (heavy metal)
Anna Von Hausswolff - Dead Magic (Dark, experimental arty proggy pop type music)
Idle Hands - Mana (gothy hard rock with lots of new wave sensibilities)
Big Thief's release from this year
Weyes Blood's new one
Julia Jacklin - Crushing
Emma Ruth Rundle - On Dark Horses
Misthyrming - Algleymi (black metal)
Lingua Ignota - Caligula (super heavy mix of dark folk, metal, and a bunch of other sounds)
Immortal Bird - Thrive on Neglect (blackened death metal)

Off the top of my head, but there's some good stuff if you want to dip your toes into some heavier stuff (I know it can be pretty niche ;)).

Haha definitely a lot of time! I anticipate I'll see you there.

I'm one of the resident extreme music/metalheads around here (doom, death and black), although I adore classic rock, darker, more ethereal indie folk stuff and am digging this new wave of interesting country artists (Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, Courtney Marie Andrews).

My fave records of late I've been listening to a lot from the past couple years:

Khemmis - Desolation (heavy metal)
Anna Von Hausswolff - Dead Magic (Dark, experimental arty proggy pop type music)
Idle Hands - Mana (gothy hard rock with lots of new wave sensibilities)
Big Thief's release from this year
Weyes Blood's new one
Julia Jacklin - Crushing
Emma Ruth Rundle - On Dark Horses
Misthyrming - Algleymi (black metal)
Lingua Ignota - Caligula (super heavy mix of dark folk, metal, and a bunch of other sounds)
Immortal Bird - Thrive on Neglect (blackened death metal)

Off the top of my head, but there's some good stuff if you want to dip your toes into some heavier stuff (I know it can be pretty niche ;)).
I love heavier stuff. Chelsea Wolff, Marissa Nadler, Sleep, Om, Black Angels, are some of my favorites! Gonna check out Anna Van Hausswolff. You should also check out Thayer Sarrano.

Back