Nicole Atkins: Ask Me Anything

1. When you quote someone, you can change the input of what will be displayed. In this case, I chose the emoji for a fish cake instead of his user name
2. I've assigned a fish cake to address @debianlinux
3. In the JQBX room, @debianlinux has assigned everyone an emoji, whether we like it or not.
Ah, I see. There's so much new stuff going on this version of the forum that has completely blown past me.

@Teeeee I stopped through the JQBX in the early days, but it turned out that each time, I was in there listening to Link Wray all alone.

Y'all just don't know how to handle being loved!

@Teeeee is an exception, she loves and receives love with style.

@Colonel_Angus , you took the cake on day 1, I didn't have to give it to you.

@Joe Mac , you were the Big Mac! The burger is yours forever and will be waiting for you when you return.

@gaporter , you were the first. That's a special place to be. I've given you one clue for there are three. Much thought and love went into yours. You may recall a conversation about Millenialls making great pets; well so do cute little pigs!

Ah, I see. There's so much new stuff going on this version of the forum that has completely blown past me.

@Teeeee I stopped through the JQBX in the early days, but it turned out that each time, I was in there listening to Link Wray all alone.
Please come back! There's peeps in there often now.

yeah, I still haven't caught up on the JQBX business, although I do have Spotify šŸ¤”

Well, if you have some time, a few peeps are in there now!
Is there a JQBX thread with an FAQ or anything? Like, I more or less understand the technical how-to, but what's the culture/etiquette? Sometimes I see somebody posting a status that says something like "Hey, I'm playing an entire album straight through in the JQBX, come join!" Are you supposed to wait until somebody voluntarily gives up the DJ spot before stepping in? Should you feel free to insert things in the mix? What if, and I've seen posts like this too, people are curating a certain 'mood' in there with a bunch of Abba or something but I really want you all to hear a Nick Cave dirge? WHAT ARE RELATIONSHIPS? HOW DO HUMANS INTERACT?

Is there a JQBX thread with an FAQ or anything? Like, I more or less understand the technical how-to, but what's the culture/etiquette? Sometimes I see somebody posting a status that says something like "Hey, I'm playing an entire album straight through in the JQBX, come join!" Are you supposed to wait until somebody voluntarily gives up the DJ spot before stepping in? Should you feel free to insert things in the mix? What if, and I've seen posts like this too, people are curating a certain 'mood' in there with a bunch of Abba or something but I really want you all to hear a Nick Cave dirge? WHAT ARE RELATIONSHIPS? HOW DO HUMANS INTERACT?
My man, it's like any other scene. You show up, you observe, you emulate, you fuck up, you make your own way. Ultimately you make it what is for you and everyone else.

these are all the questions I have, along with where and how do I get in? but that's because I'm sure the multiple posts stating that info has gone past me, much like the multiple moments in my life that might have taught me how to properly behave in an online listening room. *le sigh*

Every time I log in it hijacks the nearest echo. Since Iā€™m only interested/able to do in that portion between my wife has gone to bed and Iā€™m not quite ready, I have to figure that issue out. I also basically have a hell of a time getting into Spotify at will on the echo now too, so you know, irony.

My man, it's like any other scene. You show up, you observe, you emulate, you fuck up, you make your own way. Ultimately you make it what is for you and everyone else.
But I crave
giphy.gif

There is a JQBX thread. In the members only section of Miscellaneous.

But honestly, we're chill. Full albums don't happen hugely often, usually when there are only a few people. We just play songs and vibe off of each other. Sometimes we come up with a theme but people go off theme all the time (@GritNGlitter is the queen of off-theme). We rarely thumbs down each other. There is a chat function that really makes it more social. Join us if you feel so inclined, I'd love to see you in there!

Y
Every time I log in it hijacks the nearest echo. Since Iā€™m only interested/able to do in that portion between my wife has gone to bed and Iā€™m not quite ready, I have to figure that issue out. I also basically have a hell of a time getting into Spotify at will on the echo now too, so you know, irony.
Yeah, that happens to me as well. You have to go to your spotify account and click "log out everywhere". Then log back into Spotify. THEN log into the JQBX. That clears it up until the next time you engage with Alexa/Echo.

Back