New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I did the same. I think it was a tiny felt pad that had come with a piece of furniture or something. Solved the (admittedly rare) problem.
Yeah, I’ve only had this happen with one or two records ever, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I put very gentle pressure on the record with a folded notecard to ‘push’ it into the roller and it kept moving fine.

I’ve had my Humminguru for a month or so now. I have to say I’m quite impressed.

I’ve bought a bunch of new albums as well. I’ve not used the VPI once. I think the fact that nothing touches the grooves except for the water /G Sonic mixture makes it safer than any vacuum system. My ears tell me it does a better job too.

I’ve had my Humminguru for a month or so now. I have to say I’m quite impressed.

I’ve bought a bunch of new albums as well. I’ve not used the VPI once. I think the fact that nothing touches the grooves except for the water /G Sonic mixture makes it safer than any vacuum system. My ears tell me it does a better job too.

Yeah I’ve been massively impressed by mine. I initially thought that really dirty ones would need a pre clean with a vacuum/spin clean but even those if you just give it a clean cycle before the clean/dry it completely brings them up. One particularly gungy one needed two clean cycles before the clean dry but even then it’s so much less effort than the spin clean/vacuum!

I think at this stage if it packed up I’d just buy another one because I’ve flogged this thing to death, particularly during its first 4 months when I did my entire collection, and it is still going strong.

Well damn, it looks like I already ran into an issue.. The left side wheel that turns the vinyl just randomly stopped working after only 30 or so records total. I was doing some looking around in here and it looks like another person dealt with pretty much the same issue after only 50 uses. From the sound of it, it sems to likely be a motor that went out but before I contact them and go through all that I was wondering if anyone else dealt with this issue and was able to fix it without replacing the motor?

@Academy if you don't mind me asking, did you have to also end up changing out the motor to fix the issue?
I think only 1 of the wheels has the motor and the other is just there, no? I determined that my issue was due to cleaning a record with a very “sharp” edge - very little surface area that touched the wheel. I’ve been ok since then with other records.

Sorry for the late reply, haven’t been on here in ages

I think only 1 of the wheels has the motor and the other is just there, no? I determined that my issue was due to cleaning a record with a very “sharp” edge - very little surface area that touched the wheel. I’ve been ok since then with other records.

Sorry for the late reply, haven’t been on here in ages

Yeah, I was just overreacting honestly as it had only been a few days of me owning it at that point.. Oddly enough the only two records that this has happened to up until this point is the first one that got stuck and then the very next record I tried but afterwards I also realized that second record had a bit of an edge warp that was likely the culprit more so then the wheel.

Ever since I added the felt sticker it's been flawless though. I appreciate the reply though! as all the information in this thread has made the transition pretty much flawless. This has quickly turned into an absolute essential tool for me as I can't imagine going back to cleaning everything with a VPI again at this point.

Tempted to kickstart my vinyl listening again by getting one of these for Christmas. Before I dive in and skim 100+ pages of discussion, I wanted to ask:

Have they updated or changed the device/equipment since it launched? I’m curious whether I’d be getting accurate info about the cleaner if I start on page 1 and start reading about people’s experiences from the beginning.

Also, are there any known issues or downsides to this thing?

Tempted to kickstart my vinyl listening again by getting one of these for Christmas. Before I dive in and skim 100+ pages of discussion, I wanted to ask:

Have they updated or changed the device/equipment since it launched? I’m curious whether I’d be getting accurate info about the cleaner if I start on page 1 and start reading about people’s experiences from the beginning.

Also, are there any known issues or downsides to this thing?
I'm not aware of any major changes to the unit. And while there have been a few rare problems reported, HumminGuru's customer service has been completely on top of them and to the best of my knowledge, all have been resolved. It's a pretty low-risk purchase, and one of the best bang-for-buck investments a record collector/music lover could make.

Anyone in the EU have G-Sonic and if so, where did you get it?

Also, did anyone buy the extra filters and stuff when you placed your order?
I did buy extra filters when I placed my original order, and extra rollers (which I'd forgotten about until I checked just now). I figured it made sense to include things I might reasonably need. Did not order an extra water tank, as that seemed unnecessary.

Back