New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

You use it while the record is on the turntable? If i remember correctly, Sleeve City's "instruction" video says you should only use it while holding the record, never while on the turntable.
I do it with the record in hand and that has effectively and consistently neutralized any static charge.

I also give it a quick pass while on the turntable, but that’s purely to remove stray dust before dropping the needle.

Order placed. I look forward to joining the cool crew. Question - and sincerely hoping the answer to be no - would you re-sleeve all cleaned records a fresh or just put back in existing sleeve?
I like to start fresh with a new sleeve after an initial cleaning. Been happy using Taguchi anti-static inner sleeves, and I like they fit inside the original sleeves.

Last edited:
These inner sleeves are pretty thin, with a rounded bottom, if you like that sort of thing...

Facmogu 100PCS LP Vinyl Record Inner Sleeves, 12 Inch Semi-Transparent Inner Plastic Record Cover Sleeves with 0.08mm Thick Anti-Static Material

Amazon product ASIN B07JHCG2YW
I may re-order some since they fit nicely inside the outer sleeve with the custom inners.

Reactions: 91X
These inner sleeves are pretty thin, with a rounded bottom, if you like that sort of thing...

Facmogu 100PCS LP Vinyl Record Inner Sleeves, 12 Inch Semi-Transparent Inner Plastic Record Cover Sleeves with 0.08mm Thick Anti-Static Material

Amazon product ASIN B07JHCG2YW
I may re-order some since they fit nicely inside the outer sleeve with the custom inners.
I use sleeves like this when the record has a printed inner sleeve

For those who already finished cleaning their collection: I still have about 10 records to clean. Until now I was cleaning new records with all the rest of my collection. So my question is, how do you proceed when you have a new record to clean? just wait until you have enough new records so it's worth it and batch clean, or do a cleaning even if it's just for 1-2 records? I don't purchase that many records these days, so waiting to have 10 records to clean would take several month I think. I guess I can also start cleaning again when I have a new record to clean...

For those who already finished cleaning their collection: I still have about 10 records to clean. Until now I was cleaning new records with all the rest of my collection. So my question is, how do you proceed when you have a new record to clean? just wait until you have enough new records so it's worth it and batch clean, or do a cleaning even if it's just for 1-2 records? I don't purchase that many records these days, so waiting to have 10 records to clean would take several month I think. I guess I can also start cleaning again when I have a new record to clean...
I clean them as they come in. It’s so low-effort.

I clean them as they come in. It’s so low-effort.
Do you just keep and use the same water as you go? Seems like it would be wasteful to start fresh each time if you're only cleaning 1 or a few records. And if you do keep/re-use the water, do you just leave it in the water tank between uses?

Do you just keep and use the same water as you go? Seems like it would be wasteful to start fresh each time if you're only cleaning 1 or a few records. And if you do keep/re-use the water, do you just leave it in the water tank between uses?
I leave the water in there for two or three days at a time, depending on how often records are coming in. But I’ll toss it after a time.

I prefer to clean them right away and at least do a thorough visual inspection. An immediate play through would be preferred, but life ain't fair. I've had to repurchase several LPs when I was practicing the "pile method" and ran past the warranty/return period before discovering the flaws.

I leave the water in there for two or three days at a time, depending on how often records are coming in. But I’ll toss it after a time.
I've had an issue with trying to reuse water after a day or two. Like I ran a tank through the machine a a test during my troubleshooting and instead of discarding it dumped it back into the partial gallon of clean water I had. The gallon jug ended up smelling like old funky water a few days later. Probably something about coming into contact with the filter and picking up a trace amount of bacteria.

Probably not an issue if the filter stays submerged the entire time, but it makes me nervous leaving things wet for too long. Even condensation/high humidity in the machine is a concern for me and I'll take the full tank of water out if I leave the machine overnight.

Yeah I’m going to be honest I wash as they come in and throw the water out even if I’ve only cleaned 2 or 3. It’s €5 for 5 litres of deionised water that’s still lasting me a couple of months and I’ve two bottles of g sonic that at a drop a bath is still likely to last for decades.

I've had an issue with trying to reuse water after a day or two. Like I ran a tank through the machine a a test during my troubleshooting and instead of discarding it dumped it back into the partial gallon of clean water I had. The gallon jug ended up smelling like old funky water a few days later. Probably something about coming into contact with the filter and picking up a trace amount of bacteria.

Probably not an issue if the filter stays submerged the entire time, but it makes me nervous leaving things wet for too long. Even condensation/high humidity in the machine is a concern for me and I'll take the full tank of water out if I leave the machine overnight.
I only clean on weekends, and if I definitely pour the recycled water from day 1 in a different container than in the initial gallon of distilled water before reusing it for day 2. And yes, keep everything to dry outside the machine.

Yea I should start doing that...I've been leaving the water in. OOPS. I noticed a funky smell too.

Back