New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

That would be amazing!! I’ll happily cover all costs and additional beer money as recompense for your kindness and international delivery services that exceed those available from Denmark!

Ah it’s all good! Once I cover the cost of the bottle and shipping to you I’m not in it to make money! I’ll pack it when I’m heading over and give you a shout from Devon and we can figure it out then!

Ah it’s all good! Once I cover the cost of the bottle and shipping to you I’m not in it to make money! I’ll pack it when I’m heading over and give you a shout from Devon and we can figure it out then!
Perfect - thanks Joe, really appreciate it! Shame you aren’t in the midlands, we could have had a 🍺 and 🎶 visit.

Perfect - thanks Joe, really appreciate it! Shame you aren’t in the midlands, we could have had a 🍺 and 🎶 visit.

For sure! I’m actually visiting family as well but the youngest brother has set up shop in Exeter so getting a bit of a Devon break! Another time!

Just ordered a qt. of Audio Intelligent Vinyl Services Enzymatic Concentrate for ultrasonic cleaning machines from Jim at Osage Audio. Haven't been happy with the sudsiness of the Audio Desk solution for some time and hope this new solution does the trick. When I had a VPI machine I was very happy with the AIVS enzymatic cleaners as they were the best products I had used in over 20 years of using a vacuum type machine. We'll see.
How have you liked the Osage Audio AI fluid for your HG?

Just thought I would share this. I've had good results with it so far.
It's really the only detergent needed. 15-S-9

How have you liked the Osage Audio AI fluid for your HG?
Absolutely an unequivocal two thumbs for the Audio Intelligent ultrasonic concentrate in my Audio Desk cleaner. Just as sonically transparent as the Audio Desk solution and it seems to dry more quickly and thoroughly as well. No sudsiness either. I bought a quart for the $ savings but a pint will last a long, long time. I can only imagine it will work wonderfully in any ultrasonic cleaner.

Absolutely an unequivocal two thumbs for the Audio Intelligent ultrasonic concentrate in my Audio Desk cleaner. Just as sonically transparent as the Audio Desk solution and it seems to dry more quickly and thoroughly as well. No sudsiness either. I bought a quart for the $ savings but a pint will last a long, long time. I can only imagine it will work wonderfully in any ultrasonic cleaner.
Excellent! If you're comfortable using it in your Audio Desk, I think it should work safely in an HG,

• Cheers
Reactions: OMC
I think it’s officially safe to say, a Humminguru may have been my most worthwhile pound for pound investment I’ve made in this hobby so far. Completely has revitalized my ability to thoroughly enjoy record collecting.

I think it’s officially safe to say, a Humminguru may have been my most worthwhile pound for pound investment I’ve made in this hobby so far. Completely has revitalized my ability to thoroughly enjoy record collecting.
It really is an excellent investment. I had a VPI vacuum cleaner and this blows it out of the water

I didn’t yet but I also don’t wanna ship it since it’s so damn heavy. So I’m not sure what to do with it yet…
Ah, there's the rub. The Doc is smaller, easy to ship. But it's hard to part with, I wonder if it still might be useful, even though I've used it like two times since I got the HG

Ah, there's the rub. The Doc is smaller, easy to ship. But it's hard to part with, I wonder if it still might be useful, even though I've used it like two times since I got the HG
I’d maybe see if a local shop might want to buy it…or list it on Facebook and see if someone wants to buy it locally I guess.

The main use now I think is for flea market finds that are filthy…run it through the vacuum machine first then ultrasonic clean

Well this little thing is pretty good isn’t it?! Can’t believe I slept on this for so long.

Cleaned up my mofi love over gold an absolute treat.

I’ve only done three records so far over lunch after my distilled water arrived this morning. So easy to use and not as loud as I expected.

I just pulled the trigger on a Humminguru. Perhaps it will arrive around Father’s Day and I can convince her it was her idea. 😏
Father's Day will arrive early this year; the Humminguru is on the FedEx truck for delivery today! A little excited about it.

Looks like I will need to put extra effort into Mother's Day as a result!

Ran my first test of the Humminguru tonight. Turned out to be a bit less auspicious than hoped. I see promise in the unit, but it was not a complete success on the first shot.

I can see how it will make a pretty clean LP squeaky clean, but the jury is still out for me on how well it works on a thrift shop find. More experiments to follow!

Back