New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Groovewasher G Sonic is back for those in the EU still looking

Buy it before someone from Ireland does

Don’t worry. If some idiot bought 2 bottles to justify the shipping they would soon figure out that it was a fools economy because one bottle would likely outlast them…

Don’t worry. If some idiot bought 2 bottles to justify the shipping they would soon figure out that it was a fools economy because one bottle would likely outlast them…
Guess who bought two too ? Maybe i can put one next to the bottle with the ( atleast ) 600 ml spin clean fluid that i still got and see whats better at collecting dust

So this is the good stuff I need to buy then? I’ll assume that shipping from this site vs, shipping from Ireland from joey two bottles is similar?!!

So this is the good stuff I need to buy then? I’ll assume that shipping from this site vs, shipping from Ireland from joey two bottles is similar?!!

Hahaha! It’s actually quite expensive because you can’t ship liquids through the mail, so it’s courier only. I think it was €20 shipping, which is why I kinda went for 2 bottles because €10 each seemed kinda better and I didn’t realise just how little you use each time even though it’s such a small bottle!

Hahaha! It’s actually quite expensive because you can’t ship liquids through the mail, so it’s courier only. I think it was €20 shipping, which is why I kinda went for 2 bottles because €10 each seemed kinda better and I didn’t realise just how little you use each time even though it’s such a small bottle!
I’ll price it up tomorrow and see if there are any local suppliers other than Germany and place an order. The HG should be here next week.

I’ll price it up tomorrow and see if there are any local suppliers other than Germany and place an order. The HG should be here next week.

Juno sell some GrooveWasher stuff but not the g sonic. You could potentially put the feelers out with them in case.

Just keep in mind that the HG works very well with just distilled water, so you shouldn't feel like you have to spend more money in order to be prepared to clean your records once the unit arrives.

I would recommend powering it down for a few minutes every hour or so. Just in case.
Seems overly cautious to me. I feel like the natural rhythm of the process gives the unit plenty of time to recover, unless you're running the same cycle (clean OR dry) over and over again with no break. The unit is basically powered down while you're removing the cleaned/dried record, moving the water from the tank back into the reservoir, and then setting another record in place, all of which usually takes a few minutes. I've cleaned steadily for 6 or 7 hours (with the 'rhythm' mentioned above) and never noticed any indication the unit was faltering. I'll be interested to see what others think.

I think hes allright. @Joe Mac has cleaned records for two weeks non stop and his unit was fine 😉
Yeah, I mean I've run mine for hours at a time but the manual says no more than 30 min in a row and I've seen people on their Facebook page have their units shut down from using them too long in a row. So now I'm erring on the side of caution and giving it a break every so often.

That would be amazing!! I’ll happily cover all costs and additional beer money as recompense for your kindness and international delivery services that exceed those available from Denmark!

Back