New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

That deal with the Hudson Hi-fi rice paper inner sleeves on Amazon is hard to beat. 500 sleeves for around $75, or 100 sleeves for around $20. I use them, and I know a few others do too. I don't find much if any difference from the mofi sleeves.

Edit: Just noticed the UK address. Not sure the deal with these there, but worth checking out.

I’m team Hudson HiFi inners too. Can’t notice any difference between those and the MoFi ones aside from a huge price difference

The problem may be with the fact, that like the sleeve city ones, they either aren’t available in Europe or cost an arm and a leg to bring over.

I like the thunderon brush too. I have the zerostat with my upstairs setup and the thunderon downstairs. If I didn’t have the zerostat I’d probably just get two thunderons
I was not expecting it to be so effective, but it has completely eliminated a static discharge upon removing the record that I've been dealing with on my turntables for years.

I thought someone from the UK ordered them, but Amazon has them so might be worth looking into if they ship to the UK. Think they also have them on their own site.

Amazon product ASIN B07FFCLNN7

Amazon uk does have some Hudson stuff but it’s couldn’t see the inner and outer sleeves amongst them. I don’t think their own website offers shipping from anywhere other than the US.

Order placed. I look forward to joining the cool crew. Question - and sincerely hoping the answer to be no - would you re-sleeve all cleaned records a fresh or just put back in existing sleeve?
For new records, I only replace if it’s a paper sleeve. For older stuff, also replace paper sleeves, and lined sleeves on a case-by-case basis—if the record is dirty I’ll replace regardless. But, I save most of the sleeves I replace (especially the new ones) and find use for many of them for used records I have that were without inner sleeves or their inners were trashed. (Way too many records to clean them all.) Small consolation, I know.

Last edited:
I think I’ll maybe change sleeves for records I’m precious about, or are evidently dirty. All sleeves are new poly lined and all less than 6 years old anyway, rather than standard sleeves from the record which I always dispose of so I’d hope that cross contamination from a proper clean will be reasonably low.

I think I’ll maybe change sleeves for records I’m precious about, or are evidently dirty. All sleeves are new poly lined and all less than 6 years old anyway, rather than standard sleeves from the record which I always dispose of so I’d hope that cross contamination from a proper clean will be reasonably low.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Unless there happens to be something abrasive in those sleeves, which is very unlikely, at worst the record picks up a bit of dust, which you have to account for anyway by brushing the record before playing it.

I ordered 100 Hudson Hifi inners and they'll likely be the last I'll ever buy, of any kind. Which is disappointing because Sleeve City are far, far better imho. Hudsons are "fine".

I ordered 100 Hudson Hifi inners and they'll likely be the last I'll ever buy, of any kind. Which is disappointing because Sleeve City are far, far better imho. Hudsons are "fine".

If it’s stock issues sleeve city seem to have most stuff back in stock, I had a huge order dispatched at the end of march.

If it’s stock issues sleeve city seem to have most stuff back in stock, I had a huge order dispatched at the end of march.
This was months ago when there appeared no resolution in sight and I was pushing to get my whole collection cleaned. I buy maybe 5 records a year now so these 80 ish remaining sleeves will be the ones I die with I suppose.

I was not expecting it to be so effective, but it has completely eliminated a static discharge upon removing the record that I've been dealing with on my turntables for years.
You use it while the record is on the turntable? If i remember correctly, Sleeve City's "instruction" video says you should only use it while holding the record, never while on the turntable.

You like the diskeepers better than the rice paper inners? Or do you use something else? I like the rice papers much better.

You like the diskeepers better than the rice paper inners? Or do you use something else? I like the rice papers much better.

The diskeeper audiophile are rice paper sleeves and are the best quality, most rigid, ones I’ve come across. It’s not even actually that close.

They also do the diskeeper ultimate audiophile which are a rice paper layer on each side which are better again but a bit expensive and little bit overkill.

Regarding sleeve replacements, I always change a paper sleeve because of the paper flakes and dust that can result.

I generally use MoFi sleeves, but I do like the Tone Poet poly sleeves. Does anyone know a source to buy those?

The diskeeper audiophile are rice paper sleeves and are the best quality, most rigid, ones I’ve come across. It’s not even actually that close.

They also do the diskeeper ultimate audiophile which are a rice paper layer on each side which are better again but a bit expensive and little bit overkill.
Ah I completely missed the audiophile ones from SC. I had only gotten those 2.0s awhile ago and like the Hudson HiFis much better.

For me, the Hudsons are more than good enough especially considering the price. I also have way too many records so spending less than 1/3 the price on sleeves was fine for me since they do their job well.

The SC outers are by far the best I’ve gotten though. I have yet to try Vinyl Storage Solutions though

Ah I completely missed the audiophile ones from SC. I had only gotten those 2.0s awhile ago and like the Hudson HiFis much better.

For me, the Hudsons are more than good enough especially considering the price. I also have way too many records so spending less than 1/3 the price on sleeves was fine for me since they do their job well.

The SC outers are by far the best I’ve gotten though. I have yet to try Vinyl Storage Solutions though

Yeah the audiophile ones are what we all tend to buy around here. I also love the double ones for the single pocket double record albums, they’re a really slick solution to that. I have bought one pack of the ultimate audiophile for the type of cardboard sleeves that shows the label from both sides but they’re a bit of a step too far even for me for the whole collection.

I kinda see it the other way around, my records cost me a lot and are worth a lot so I want to look after them with the best sleeves, cleaning etc. The sleeve city ones aren’t extraordinarily more expensive than the MoFi and I like that they don’t crumple, like all other rice paper ones I’ve seen/used, when being put back into a tight sleeve.

Yeah the audiophile ones are what we all tend to buy around here. I also love the double ones for the single pocket double record albums, they’re a really slick solution to that. I have bought one pack of the ultimate audiophile for the type of cardboard sleeves that shows the label from both sides but they’re a bit of a step too far even for me for the whole collection.

I kinda see it the other way around, my records cost me a lot and are worth a lot so I want to look after them with the best sleeves, cleaning etc. The sleeve city ones aren’t extraordinarily more expensive than the MoFi and I like that they don’t crumple, like all other rice paper ones I’ve seen/used, when being put back into a tight sleeve.
I like those double ones too a lot. I’ll probably get some more if/when they come back into stock. Hudson and MoFi are pretty identical aside from the price. Most people think a lot of those rice paper sleeves from various brands are made at the same plants but MoFi just charges more to slap their logo on it. It seems to be the case with the Hudson and MoFis. SCs do seem nicer

For me as long as the sleeves are rice paper or poly lined, don’t leave any residue like the old pink RTI sleeves and don’t scratch the records, they are good in my book. I know you store your sleeves inside the album covers so totally get why you’d want more rigid ones so they don’t crumple.

I’ll switch back to buying the SC outers once they are back in stock. Those are worth it more for me because they are sturdy, crystal clear and easy to get records in and out of. Clear bags and all the others I have tried have been a little annoying for various reasons.

I have used many, many Audiophile and disk keeper 2.0. Thé audiophile are overkill but they are are also quite nice, I mainly like that they show the label on both sides. The 2.0 are basically perfect in every way except for blocking the label on one side.

I also am a big fan of the double sleeves and have replaced all my multi albums that were in singles to recover those sleeves for other uses.

I never use stock sleeves no matter how nice. If the sleeve has art or something that makes it specific to the album it goes into the jacket empty. Otherwise it's either the trash or kept as a sleeve to use if sell an album and want to keep my nicer sleeve I used while listening to it

I have used many, many Audiophile and disk keeper 2.0. Thé audiophile are overkill but they are are also quite nice, I mainly like that they show the label on both sides. The 2.0 are basically perfect in every way except for blocking the label on one side.

I also am a big fan of the double sleeves and have replaced all my multi albums that were in singles to recover those sleeves for other uses.

I never use stock sleeves no matter how nice. If the sleeve has art or something that makes it specific to the album it goes into the jacket empty. Otherwise it's either the trash or kept as a sleeve to use if sell an album and want to keep my nicer sleeve I used while listening to it
I agree that I never reuse the stock sleeves, especially since lots of new records arrive filthy. They always get cleaned since I got the HG and then put them in a new rice paper inner. i sometimes keep the old ones if they are poly-lined to use for records that I sell or donate them to one of my local shops that is a charity record shop.

Back