New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

No warning or indications other than on literally the last record I cleaned yesterday the drain and dry cycle didn’t automatically start. Thought that was weird so I cancelled and then ran a stand-alone dry cycle. Put the unit away and thought nothing of it.

Tried to fire it up today and ran into the issue.

Hopefully I don’t have to wait a month to hear back because of a holiday. If that’s the case I may be running a stack over to @Crabbers.
Update: They have replied and think it could be loose wires. They want me to take the bottom panel off and send them pictures of the wiring.

This is the same process the made the other guy go through before doing the return/replacement... :cautious:

I doubt the issue was from loose wires...

Update: They have replied and think it could be loose wires. They want me to take the bottom panel off and send them pictures of the wiring.

This is the same process the made the other guy go through before doing the return/replacement... :cautious:

I doubt the issue was from loose wires...
Doesn’t hurt. Gives them more data to work with if it ends up being a design or manufacturing issue.

Sucks you’re having to deal with this.

Honestly, looks better put together than a lot of gadgets I can think of. 😅
It really does look neat and well thought out as far as molded plastic brackets and clips. Not sure what else I'll have to take apart to show pictures of but I would like to see the wiring of the board to see if something has a fault. I'll be sure to post all the responses and images here for everyone else.

Kind of glad I put this thing though a ringer before the warrant period expired.

I'm also wondering if I can scam a few spare parts off of this model or if they'll make me return the whole thing so they can do the same.

I'm kicking myself for not getting an extra tank to try out some surfactants in one and keep the other for clean water.

Just was curious before going further…I put a drop in, which meant to me squeeze dropper once and then release what was in it into my guru

The suds are normal but that sounds like way too much detergent. I’ve been putting one droplet from the end of the pipette in…

And then the vinyl doesn’t need a bath after right…should be good to go and just put into a sleeve ?

Sorry for the questions …just don’t want to funk up the records 😂

Yeah I haven’t felt the need for a rinse cycle and they sound perfect when the needle’s dropped. And don’t worry too much the very worst that can happen is that you need to rewash something, there’s no vinyl eating gremlins in it or anything!

Yeah I haven’t felt the need for a rinse cycle and they sound perfect when the needle’s dropped. And don’t worry too much the very worst that can happen is that you need to rewash something, there’s no vinyl eating gremlins in it or anything!
But maybe this really might happen …
1643065665396.gif
Ps I envision @Mather making this face when Steely Dan is mentioned

Back