New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

It puts the tergitol on the records or else it gets the hose...

Sorry, I don't know why that popped in my head.

I got some sudding with both Groove Washer and tergitol.

I have a large bag of pipettes from doing some transfer stuff with brake fluid on my motorcycle. My wife thought they were cute.

Sad update is that I gave it 15-20 mins first with water in the main compartment and no water tank in, and then with the water tank in and nothing leaked. So then I tried with a record and as soon as it started 1/3 of the water came out. It must be something to do with the record rotating by the water filter. I've contacted HG in any case.

EDIT I tested further with a LP, then a 7, then a LP, and another 7 - and the problems occur every time with the 7 and the adapter but not at all with the LP. I'd decided to do my first batch of 12-15 7s this afternoon (rather than slipping the odd one into a pile of LPs). Interested to hear what HG have to say.
Good news for now is that this seems to have cleared up. I've washed 60-odd LPs in the past two days with zero problems. And now done 5-6 7"s, also without a problem. Can't say I'm fully relieved - HG suggested I try it with 350ml water to test. But when I did that it only covered half of the 7" wax so not really a viable solution. I can see the problem is you pretty much need 400ml, even a bit more, to do the 7 properly. So it might reoccur. Just glad it's behaving itself for now.

Well the only issue so far dealing with HappyWell has been the time difference. They send emails at midnight or 1 a.m. and I reply at 9 a.m.

So it takes a day for each of us to respond to each other.

Good news for now is that this seems to have cleared up. I've washed 60-odd LPs in the past two days with zero problems. And now done 5-6 7"s, also without a problem. Can't say I'm fully relieved - HG suggested I try it with 350ml water to test. But when I did that it only covered half of the 7" wax so not really a viable solution. I can see the problem is you pretty much need 400ml, even a bit more, to do the 7 properly. So it might reoccur. Just glad it's behaving itself for now.

So I’ve finally got to my 7” collection and I’ve been cleaning them today. And you’re right, when you fill it right up to the brim it leaks. I’ve taken to putting a tea towel under it today! I’m guessing that the junction between the metal bath and the plastic top isn’t sealed.

The etymology of the term tea towel is also kinda interesting. Or maybe I’m just odd and enjoy that kind of thing…

The tea towel, by any other name, is still a tea towel, and it derives its name from Victorian Era England where the tradition of serving tea in the social setting took off. Teatime went from the simple service of tea and perhaps biscuits to eventually becoming the late afternoon/early evening High Tea, or supper time.

Queen Victoria’s reign beginning in the early 1800s was known for its hierarchical social order. Many changes were occurring at that time, not the least of which was the order of the manor house in England. Teatime is a tradition of utilizing the best tea service. The finest china not only required a towel of distinctive qualities to make the service presentable but also was most likely personally cared for by the lady of the house to avoid the possibility of any mishaps in handling such finery.”

So I’ve finally got to my 7” collection and I’ve been cleaning them today. And you’re right, when you fill it right up to the brim it leaks. I’ve taken to putting a tea towel under it today! I’m guessing that the junction between the metal bath and the plastic top isn’t sealed.
Glad it's not just me. What happened with me though at times was that during the cleaning the water was gushing out so I lost 1/3-1/2 of it into the little tank during the clean cycle (as well as small leakage out of the whole machine as you mention). Not sure why that happened, and so just crossing fingers it doesn't return.

Just did a tally and have cleaned 60/525 records in the first month of owning this thing. Just over 10% of the collection in that case.

Those of you with G-Sonic. Do they list the "ingredients" on the back? Wondering if I can find something equivalent in Europe.

Just did a tally and have cleaned 60/525 records in the first month of owning this thing. Just over 10% of the collection in that case.

Those of you with G-Sonic. Do they list the "ingredients" on the back? Wondering if I can find something equivalent in Europe.

They don’t! Which is a pain. There is a European dealer but someone, me, bought the last two bottles and they haven’t restocked since! Might be worth hitting them up seeing if a restock is coming.

Back