New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I'll look into discogs but what I am doing as I'm cleaning them randomly I put a sticker spot on the corner of the outer sleeve View attachment 125508
I do the same with a sticker on the inner lip of a sleeve that doesn't get a myler outer cover and on the mylar sleeve if the record has one. On the mylar sleeve I place the sticker underneath the foldover closure so it doesn't get knocked off when returning it to the shelf. I also add the date to the sticker so I can know what cleaning solution I've used and if I've cleaned it more than once at a different time.

Is everyone using a custom field in discogs to keep track of which records they cleaned/when or is there a better way?

I sure wish Discogs would allow you to sort on custom fields.

I’m cleaning the new ones as they come in but then going alphabetically as well, so maybe some of the new ones will end up getting double cleaned but no harm in that.

Alright…I’ve seen a couple of you post the g sonic…worth getting in your opinion?

I’m too lazy to go back and read all your comments ;)

Dammit…one is coming to me now 😂

Question is…did you go back and rewash things?

God no, I’m not that mental. I’d cleaned 1000 pieces of vinyl by then.

I have 4 or 5 records that I probably will do it to once I’ve finished because they are problem children, but that’ll be about it!

Juice arrived 😜

So if I read correctly…just one stop on top of water per batch of cleaning right?
View attachment 125978
They recommend 10 drops per gallon of water, which works out to the same as 1 drop per full HumminGuru basin (I did the math!). So either way would work if the gallon of distilled water you treat is strictly for use with your HG.

They recommend 10 drops per gallon of water, which works out to the same as 1 drop per full HumminGuru basin (I did the math!). So either way would work if the gallon of distilled water you treat is strictly for use with your HG.

They sell the water in 5 litre bottles here and I didn’t fancy the maths of turning a US Galon into 5 litres…

Instinct says it’s somewhere between 12 and 13 drops but one a bath is easier 😂

They sell the water in 5 litre bottles here and I didn’t fancy the maths of turning a US Galon into 5 litres…

Instinct says it’s somewhere between 12 and 13 drops but one a bath is easier 😂
Just more proof that the metric system is the tool of the devil. My car gets 40 rods to the hog's head, and that’s the way I likes it!

Whelp first MAJOR issue with the machine. Tried to start a clean/auto cycle this morning and neither of them work. Only the dry cycle works.

Reading in the Facebook group, it sounds like at least one other user had this issue and had to send the unit back for a replacement.

Not pleased...
Weird. Any warning lights? Please keep us apprised on their response!

Hopefully you don’t run head-on into Lunar New Year.

Weird. Any warning lights? Please keep us apprised on their response!

Hopefully you don’t run head-on into Lunar New Year.
No warning or indications other than on literally the last record I cleaned yesterday the drain and dry cycle didn’t automatically start. Thought that was weird so I cancelled and then ran a stand-alone dry cycle. Put the unit away and thought nothing of it.

Tried to fire it up today and ran into the issue.

Hopefully I don’t have to wait a month to hear back because of a holiday. If that’s the case I may be running a stack over to @Crabbers.

No warning or indications other than on literally the last record I cleaned yesterday the drain and dry cycle didn’t automatically start. Thought that was weird so I cancelled and then ran a stand-alone dry cycle. Put the unit away and thought nothing of it.

Tried to fire it up today and ran into the issue.

Hopefully I don’t have to wait a month to hear back because of a holiday. If that’s the case I may be running a stack over to @Crabbers.
Just let me know if you need any cleaning services 🍺

Back