New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

They don’t! Which is a pain. There is a European dealer but someone, me, bought the last two bottles and they haven’t restocked since! Might be worth hitting them up seeing if a restock is coming.

Thanks again ! I keep checking that page but no luck

I bought my Tergitol through Ebay. V reasonable and no sign at a drop each of running out of these any time soon.

Anyone with a knowledge of control boards want to give me a hand here? Do I pull the wires, the white housing, or some combination of the two...

I know I don't want to remove the white housing from the PCB since that looks soldered, but nothing seems to budge and I'm afraid the whole thing will come off anyway.

Wire instruction_工作區域 1.jpg

Edit: I got it, But I had to unplug the wires next to it first and then somehow shrink my fat fingers down to wiggle the plug out. That bugger was stuck tighter than any of the others.

Last edited:
Anyone with a knowledge of control boards want to give me a hand here? Do I pull the wires, the white housing, or some combination of the two...

I know I don't want to remove the white housing from the PCB since that looks soldered, but nothing seems to budge and I'm afraid the whole thing will come off anyway.

View attachment 126373

Edit: I got it, But I had to unplug the wires next to it first and then somehow shrink my fat fingers down to wiggle the plug out. That bugger was stuck tighter than any of the others.
You want to take the housing too. Basically they’re asking you to disconnect that wire, make sure the actual wires are solidly seated in the connector, and then reconnect.

I actually really appreciate that they did not cheap out on the internal construction and just point-to-point wire everything with solder. This looks refreshingly repairable.

Unfortunately their trouble-shooting did not fix anything. Managed to get a clean cycle to start for a split second and then it cut out again.

Showed a blue light like the whole cycle was completed.
bah, sorry to hear that. The device seems relatively simple, I’m really curious what could have failed if not a connection.

bah, sorry to hear that. The device seems relatively simple, I’m really curious what could have failed if not a connection.
It actually seems like the whole mount was loose before I even started messing with it. I'm thinking it's a bad solder connection. I'm sure my prying around didn't help matters.

It actually seems like the whole mount was loose before I even started messing with it. I'm thinking it's a bad solder connection. I'm sure my prying around didn't help matters.
I would be tempted to resolder it, myself. Though perhaps not if they continue to be responsive and offer to replace it for you.

I would be tempted to resolder it, myself. Though perhaps not if they continue to be responsive and offer to replace it for you.
For sure if this was a "keep the old unit we'll send a replacement" I would be doing a YouTube tear-down video (If only to annoy @Joe Mac) and try to fix it myself.

For future reference, these connectors can be better handled with appropriately sized needle nose pliers. Bonus points for leveraging it with a small slotted screwdriver. Sometimes the trick can be to get the blade between the two pieces then rotate to lift the upper piece out. The main thing is never pull the wires.

For future reference, these connectors can be better handled with appropriately sized needle nose pliers. Bonus points for leveraging it with a small slotted screwdriver. Sometimes the trick can be to get the blade between the two pieces then rotate to lift the upper piece out. The main thing is never pull the wires.
I tried the pliers route, but space was limited and so was leverage. I felt like I needed to have both hands free to hold the white part on the board as well as both the wires and the white part they were connected to. This connection was really stuck in there and the picture does not do it justice to how tight a space those two connectors have between each other. That unsupported capacitor(?) didn't make things any easier.

Once I got the adjacent plug out it was fairly easy to get my fingernails under both parts to pry it off.

I actually really appreciate that they did not cheap out on the internal construction and just point-to-point wire everything with solder. This looks refreshingly repairable.
It looks like you could even replace the pump if you needed to (with a little know-how). Nice.

So finally! Finished! Collection cleaned!

My collection of 1022 and the ones I’ve pulled/listed for sale came to 1522 pieces of vinyl. Relieved to be done and cleaning going back to when new stuff comes in!
Awesome! This is a time consuming endeavor. I'm into the D's now, while also having done most anything new from the last few months. Spending the days when I work from home mixing in some cleaning. But damn does everything sound better, even better than with the RCM.

Awesome! This is a time consuming endeavor. I'm into the D's now, while also having done most anything new from the last few months. Spending the days when I work from home mixing in some cleaning. But damn does everything sound better, even better than with the RCM.

Yeah it is! The only reason I’m finished is because I’ve been working from home full time since it arrived in early November! I’m not going to miss that as a constant background noise and getting up every 10/15 minutes to change the album in it!

But yeah the improvement in sound is absolutely why I both persisted and tried to go at it so quickly. With the threat of a return to the office now dangling perilously over my head I’m kinda glad I got it done too!

Yeah it is! The only reason I’m finished is because I’ve been working from home full time since it arrived in early November! I’m not going to miss that as a constant background noise and getting up every 10/15 minutes to change the album in it!

But yeah the improvement in sound is absolutely why I both persisted and tried to go at it so quickly. With the threat of a return to the office now dangling perilously over my head I’m kinda glad I got it done too!
I'm in the same boat, have been just going into the office one day a week. And I have Fridays off. So figured better get on it while I can. Enjoy that quietness! Although mine really doesn't seem to loud.

Back