New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I have zero experience with ultrasonic cleaners, is that usually about how long it takes to clean a record with these? I was definitely impressed with the lack of noise.

About 5 is usual for the cleaning, the other 5 with this one is the drying which is pretty impressive, some of the home brew ones that clip onto a normal ultrasonic bath take much longer.

4L of distilled water costs a little over C$1 at the drug store over here (the Walmart drugstore has it too). It's a good idea to use distilled water with any kind of humidifier device if you don't want to gum it up with time.

Are the Humminguru's available for purchase again?

4L of distilled water costs a little over C$1 at the drug store over here (the Walmart drugstore has it too). It's a good idea to use distilled water with any kind of humidifier device if you don't want to gum it up with time.

We use an humidifier in winter because it is too dry here (I get shocked all the time when touching my record player in winter), but it leaves a white residue everywhere in the apartment if we don't use distilled water...

I’m laughing at the idea of a humidifier over here. It rarely goes below 75% ever and is often in the high 90%s in winter 😂

I'm just gunna go raid my local walgreens for a couple more juggs of distilled until this thing arrives. maybe at least 5 gallons on hand should last me a while.

Purified has naturally occurring minerals (aka salts) so distilled is a better choice. I was traveling and forgot to get distilled water for my CPAP and I used Aquafina instead and it rusted it. It might be fine for record cleaning but it does have naturally occurring minerals. That’s why the general consensus is not drink distilled water so that your body gets those minerals.

So, I immediately tried to play the record that had been cleaned, but...
Uh-oh. Not looking good at this point.
it was certainly effective, the fine noise was reduced more than expected, the bleeding and distortion of the sound were also reduced, and it was played quietly and cleanly.
Whoa! Talk about misdirection. Sounds promising! I do grow weary of wiping up all that blood after playing some records.

Last edited:
japanese google translation doesn't seem to be all that great... It keeps translating "records" to "boards" haha

Honestly once you get outside of the languages derived from Latin or Germanic it really is so different altogether that its as much down as much to interpretation and feel as it is literally translating.

Back