New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

japanese google translation doesn't seem to be all that great... It keeps translating "records" to "boards" haha
Hi, from the author of the Japanese article :)
I should have written it both in English and Japanese like I used to do...

Anyway so far it's a nice working cleaner at a very reasonable price.

Really starting to wish I had backed this originally rather then waiting. Hopefully the price is still reasonable once it goes to market. The thought of not having to break out a shop vac and put together a whole setup to clean records sounds awfully nice.
At first when I watched the video I was like 10min to clean a record, wtf? But the idea I can put it on and go make a cup of tea is pretty appealing than hauling out the Squeaky Clean and Shop Vac is appealing. Plus missus would definitely like how quiet it is.

Another FYI just in case you don't know it: owner's manual is already available in PDF format:

So busy looking at the gear I almost forgot to listen! ;) I couldn't hear any pops/clicks or other sounds of a dirty record to begin with, so I can't say I noticed a difference. Looking forward to a second 'test.'
Finally I found (or "I remember") a particular record in my collection - that is visually NM-, but sounds VG or VG-. This will be featured on "take 2".

Hi, here's the "Take 2" with a Brazilian MPB record ffrom 1985. This time, I captured the silent "gap" part between two songs, so you may hear the difference much easily. Also, as being heard in my previous video also, the distortion is entirely reduced during the playback.

Back