New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Hi, here's the "Take 2" with a Brazilian MPB record ffrom 1985. This time, I captured the silent "gap" part between two songs, so you may hear the difference much easily. Also, as being heard in my previous video also, the distortion is entirely reduced during the playback.

Thank you! Definitely can hear the difference between tracks, and I'm glad to know that you are hearing an overall difference through your system. I have to believe you have more resolving power there than my Mac affords!

Hi, here's the "Take 2" with a Brazilian MPB record ffrom 1985. This time, I captured the silent "gap" part between two songs, so you may hear the difference much easily. Also, as being heard in my previous video also, the distortion is entirely reduced during the playback.

I'm curious your thoughts on how it compares to other record cleaning machines you've used? Have you used wet brush vacuum cleaners and/or other ultrasonic cleaners; and is the Humminguru more, less, similarly effective? Of course, the price point is a huge factor but I'm interested to know if it's punching above it's weight class, so to speak.

I'm curious your thoughts on how it compares to other record cleaning machines you've used? Have you used wet brush vacuum cleaners and/or other ultrasonic cleaners; and is the Humminguru more, less, similarly effective? Of course, the price point is a huge factor but I'm interested to know if it's punching above it's weight class, so to speak.
My point of view is, "Good Value for Money" being the most important thing, as for HumminGuru.

Actually I don't want to discuss "which cleaning methods / machines are the best?" because nobody can't know the exact truth - it also depends on feelings and devotions to some methods/machines, as long as it doesn't physically hurt our lovable vinyl (or shellac) records.

Previously, many vinyl listeners / collectors knew the existence of "ultrasonic vinyl cleaning method", but it required a bit difficult DIY for ordinary people, and the ultrasonic cleaner costed so much more than ordinary record fans could spend.

But now, along with other cleaning machines, probably the cheapest "ultrasonic cleaner" is coming to the market. We now can have yet another candidates which one we choose. This is the biggest thing for HumminGuru, IMHO.

One thing I forgot to note - unfortunately I never had wet brush vacuum cleaners, and had a chance to try them. For twenty years, I’ve always used particular liquid that “removes dusts, precipitates and static electricity” and cleaned by hand. The only one I tried a cleaning “machine” was KLAUDIO CLN-200, a very expensive automatic machine, that a friend of mine has. HumminGuru is the first “machine” I own.

On the bright side: I still have time to get a big jar so I can use the "distilled" water from the clothes dryer in the HG. I call it circular record cleaning!

Back