Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Attendance at my school looks to be around 25% of a middle school of 1400 students.
My wife's 6th grade was at about 50% between cases and quarantines. They switched to virtual yesterday and today and the whole (middle and high) is switching to virtual next week. Somehow, none of the teachers, in her grade at least, are out.

Last edited:

Interesting read that is pretty much basically damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The CDC is being called out of touch with it's latest guidance because it will never happen.

China is apparently blaming Canada for the "single" case of Omicron that exists in their country. If it wasn't for a package originating from the cold reaches of Canadian winter, which travelled through the US and Hong Kong over a few weeks first, on which Omicron survived to infect a poor Chinese soul, their unparalleled sanitary measures would have kept it at bay.

I'd be laughing really hard if China was not dead serious about this.

Interesting read that is pretty much basically damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The CDC is being called out of touch with it's latest guidance because it will never happen.
Thus far, about half the people I've talked to have had some sort of Covid like illness since new years. I think we are all getting this dang thing. One of the major problems with the CDC, as I have said from the start, is that their main duty--to do public health surveillance--was something they were unprepared to do at the beginning of the pandemic and they have gotten progressively worse throughout the pandemic. They are unable to do core surveillance which means that we have no data to be able to make public health recommendations--which is a large part of why their recommendations are garbage. We could never "follow the science" because we weren't doing the scientific basics of counting cases.
China is apparently blaming Canada for the "single" case of Omicron that exists in their country. If it wasn't for a package originating from the cold reaches of Canadian winter, which travelled through the US and Hong Kong over a few weeks first, on which Omicron survived to infect a poor Chinese soul, their unparalleled sanitary measures would have kept it at bay.

I'd be laughing really hard if China was not dead serious about this.

Yeah, because there has never been an instance of a person getting covid due to surface contaminant, but somehow it happened...or it could be because this Omicron is insanely contagious. Hmmmm

Yeah, because there has never been an instance of a person getting covid due to surface contaminant, but somehow it happened...or it could be because this Omicron is insanely contagious. Hmmmm

The Chinese government is setting itself up to look like victims, at least in the eyes of their people, if anything happens to the presentation of the Olympics due to omicron. Whether it's an outbreak prior to or during, they are planning to blame other countries. Canada is a great target for them since we've been having diplomatic issues with them since the Meng Wanzhou affair.

This idea that contamination comes from outside has been their go-to for a while. They were blaming frozen meat in the past, I think even as a possibility that COVID came to them originally from outside in frozen meat. They don't care if it makes no sense as long as their people buy it.

Y'all be careful with this. The mandate says that they will reimburse any diagnostic tests for Covid. Thus, the tests to return to work or to get into a concert really shouldn't be covered under this mandate. However, I'm really skeptical as to how they are going to be able to discern a diagnostic test versus a non diagnostic test. This is going to be a cluster.

Y'all be careful with this. The mandate says that they will reimburse any diagnostic tests for Covid. Thus, the tests to return to work or to get into a concert really shouldn't be covered under this mandate. However, I'm really skeptical as to how they are going to be able to discern a diagnostic test versus a non diagnostic test. This is going to be a cluster.

The USPS tests are 4 free tests every American is eligible for.

You place your order for $0.00 and the USPS ships them too. No reimbursement to file for.

I say take advantage of that offer before trying your luck buying some at a store and trying to get reimbursement. Unless you need one ASAP that is, then get your test in at the store now.

You place your order for $0.00 and the USPS ships them too. No reimbursement to file for.

I say take advantage of that offer before trying your luck buying some at a store and trying to get reimbursement. Unless you need one ASAP that is, then get your test in at the store now.
Just an FYI, I believe the kits they are offering actually contain 2 tests.

Minor correction, according to the site it is 4 per residential address.

Two long term democrat in congress announced today they will not seek reelection.

Due to redistricting after the 2020 census, the odds of these long term democrats winning reelection are slim to none. Their districts now give the GOP a huge advantage.
CA-9 is still rated Likely D by Cook Political Report, and Rhode Island hasn't even finished drawing its maps yet. What does this have to do with the pandemic?

CA-9 is still rated Likely D by Cook Political Report, and Rhode Island hasn't even finished drawing its maps yet. What does this have to do with the pandemic?

That I have the plague of posting in the wrong thread. lol

Whops.

Back to your regularly scheduled programing people...

Back