Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

Investor press releases, grains of salt, and all that jazz, but:

Agreed to do a favor for a co-worker who had family vacation plans that couldn't be changed.

Turns out the favor is working on an urgent COVID-related project that requires meetings every day from 7-7, including all next week when the company is officially closed for a summer shutdown.
;)

Do you know how do they deliver the Ab? Injections? Multi-doses? Just curious.
IV infusion, but I believe that may have been partially a function of this being a dose-ranging trial, and blinded. Putting a variable number of vials into a single bag is more flexible, easier on the patient's injection sites, and easier to keep blinded. Would not surprise me if, should this go to market, the delivery mechanism is simplified.

Wonder if it was political or financial pressure that caused them to backtrack.

Sounds like political pressure for sure:

The Big Ten decision came after months of pressure from coaches, parents, players, politicians, and even the President of the United States, who called on the conference to reopen both on Twitter and at rallies.

I don't see anything about whether or not there will be people in attendance of the games yet in this article. But I suspect that will be on a school by school state by state basis.

Football and basketball are one of the biggest revenue streams for Universities / Colleges.

I don't see anything about whether or not there will be people in attendance of the games yet in this article. But I suspect that will be on a school by school state by state basis.

Football and basketball are one of the biggest revenue streams for Universities / Colleges.
Its fine, they'll do what everyone else does, start, then backtrack the backtrack when COVID cases start popping up among players. I guess we DO need to learn to live with this because it's not going away any day soon. :(

Its fine, they'll do what everyone else does, start, then backtrack the backtrack when COVID cases start popping up among players. I guess we DO need to learn to live with this because it's not going away any day soon. :(
One tiny silver lining is that has real potential to keep me employed for at least another 2 years.

One tiny silver lining is that has real potential to keep me employed for at least another 2 years.
I know things like this effect people in different ways and I don't mean to overshadow that, I'm fortunate and I know it, I just wish people would have listened and continue to listen. If they would, we'd be in a better place for EVERYONE at this point. Too many don't want to make the smallest of sacrifices for the many, I think that's the most discouraging thing about this entire thing, yes, Trump dropped the ball in a big way, but "We the people" aren't helping AT ALL.

I'll say that all the folks that cancelled funerals, weddings, concerts, conventions, and celebrations in Austin in order to keep the community safe for the last 6 months are not feeling too great about UT's 25k tailgating football crowd.

Evidence is emerging that the virus can cause heart damage even in people who’ve had mild symptoms or none at all, especially if those people exercise while they’re infected

With this said, it could be very irresponsible on colleges and high schools right now to have sports. Athletes are rarely going to say no to playing and they shouldn't be placed in that position. Even if people are asymptomatic when having COVID there is emergence evidence of heart issues with athletics if they exercise while infected or in the near term after.

With this said, it could be very irresponsible on colleges and high schools right now to have sports. Athletes are rarely going to say no to playing and they shouldn't be placed in that position. Even if people are asymptomatic when having COVID there is emergence evidence of heart issues with athletics if they exercise while infected or in the near term after.

Came here to post this. Also something for everyone to be mindful of. I'm a pretty avid runner (40+ miles per week at least when I'm training) and I'm glad I saw this. If you end up with the virus, or you think you might've gotten exposed, take some time off and take it easy!

Excerpt: There have been more than 600 coronavirus cases tied to Grand Valley since Aug. 23, when many students returned to campus, according to the health department. The school of about 25,000, which began the fall semester Aug. 31, is offering a mix of in-person and virtual classes this fall.

This can't be the only school with this kind of outbreak, but I haven't heard of other stay-at-home orders around Michigan yet.

As of lately more and more protest over having to wear masks are popping up. People's patience are being stretched thin the longer this goes on. Anyone who is an anti-masker is getting more and more pent up anger and organized events to protest wearing masks are increasing.

On such Mask-free protest forced the evacuation of a York Walmart.

Just heard about one local school district on the news who was support to start hybrid learning today delaying the start of school for grades 4-12 until next Thursday. The younger kids are being allowed back into the classrooms today. Something I'm sure the teachers are not happy about with the lack of air purifiers, but the decision was not about the teachers health, but rather the younger kids which the data shows don't get as sick.

The reason for this delay is their vendor supplying the school district with air purifiers was unable to deliver the order on time. They are hopeful they will get their delivery of air purifiers by next Thursday.

Air purifiers are in short supply this year and unavailable on the west coast as of this time because of the forest fires.

You know Trump is nonchalantly going with the whole herd immunity plan with his new sidekick "DR" Atlas.

The University of Georgia is going to allow Football and thousands of fans are expected to attend UGA's first home football game on October 3rd. However, students have been told that they can't vote in person in November because of social distancing guidelines. If they want to cast their vote in November's election they should do so through the mail.

Talk about priorities.

My kids started hybrid elementary school this week. On Wednesday night the Superintendent sent an email saying the high school was fully remote for the time being because a student had tested positive. He/she had not yet been in the school but had been at a gathering.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the state of Massachusetts:

Six students tested positive for COVID-19 days before Attleboro High School reopened its doors for the first day of school this week. Only five of them stayed home, the city’s mayor told WJAR.

The parents of the sixth student who tested positive sent him to class anyway, the mayor said. Now, 28 students who were in close contact with that young man have to quarantine for two weeks.

It's no mystery why, 6 months later, we are in the position that we're in.

Back