Neil Young

I can dig that. I don't think you get to rank a 43 album catalogue without differences of opinion. Mostly why I posted it – I'm curious to see people's takes on it.
My top 10:

On The Beach
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
After The Gold Rush
Rust Never Sleeps
Tonight’s The Night
Zuma
Harvest
Ragged Glory
Harvest Moon
Comes A Time

I’ll try to take a look at the list tomorrow. I’m unsure I can even comprehend ranking them or making a top ten. It would be the definition of a transient list.

And any list that doesn’t have Landing On Water last or possibly Life can’t be taken seriously.

Old Ways is great.

Knowing how some feel about my man Steve’s prose I almost hesitate in posting this but I love em and I am a fan on this list so here we go…

I’ll read it later but I genuinely chuckled at T-Bone making the cut.
I chuckled and said "T-Bone already rated way too low," then found Vampire Blues in the high 90s and realized this is a list I'll need to sit down and really engage with.

I chuckled and said "T-Bone already rated way too low," then found Vampire Blues in the high 90s and realized this is a list I'll need to sit down and really engage with.
Steve uses list as a way to write about his favorite artists. This list is massive. The recommendation I will make is select the “reading list” function on your browser to kill a good chunk of the ads as the Uproxx site blows and every time you scroll down 20 or so spots the page will crash and you’ll have to scroll all the back to where you were again.

Knowing how some feel about my man Steve’s prose I almost hesitate in posting this but I love em and I am a fan on this list so here we go…

Well, I'm The Ocean is in the top 10 so he's got good judgement. Even though Stringman is down in the 60's. I'll give it a deeper dive later.

He does. Steve chooses non-studio and live takes on this list.
That was my point… he just picked the album version here… it was subtle but extra snark.

I’ve never read one of these lists so I’m happy to start with one of my faves. Neil is usually in the mix with Beatles and Prince at the top of my all time listens.

Back