Neil Young

So Fucking Good. Won't spoil the setlist (linked), but when the first notes hit the hairs on my arm stood up. Some classics, some surprises.

Been a long time since I've seen Neil with Crazy Horse, I think it was the Greendale tour. I'm guessing this was the smallest venue of the tour (holds about 6k people) and the sound was phenomenal and loud. Neil played Old Black for a majority of the show. We got a fair number of "How Ya Doin?"'s from Neil. Micah Nelson is a great addition. Billy is slowly morphing into Glen Hansard in terms of appearance.

3 extended jams that took their time getting anywhere in the very best way. Neil was on vocally and in his guitar playing.

Went with Mrs. ImTheOcean (her 3rd Neil Show) and friends who were seeing him for the first time last night, all were blown away. Taking the 17 year old tonight for round two.

View attachment 201157View attachment 201156
How was the merch? Any tour shirts?

Night 2 Review.

Yes, I bought a $50 T-shirt. In true Neil fashion, they are 100% organic cotton and from a company that treat their workers well. So I don't feel bad about it.

Switched up about half the songs. If the first night focused on
Everybody Knows this is Nowhere
last night focused on
"Ragged Glory"]
. Made for an amazing two night stand. A little more intestity last night, likely due to the song choices. Good audience interaction too, Neil was loose and friendly.

So excited for the rest of you to experience this tour. And incredibly thankful that I get to experience it one more time at Ohana in September.

The opener is an interesting choice that fits right with Neil's mission.

Couple more thoughts in spoiler territory:

Powderfinger seemed a lot longer than the first night. Lots more soloing between verses, Neil sang the last verse twice. Probably the highlight of the night for me.
Neil pulled out some 'Shots' level guitar effects during Rockin' in the Free World that was really cool.
Harvest Moon is not one of my favorite songs, to be honest. But I really enjoyed it last night. Was not expecting it.

IMG_6962.jpeg

Back