Neil Young

That was my point… he just picked the album version here… it was subtle but extra snark.

I’ve never read one of these lists so I’m happy to start with one of my faves. Neil is usually in the mix with Beatles and Prince at the top of my all time listens.
Must be a misprint the editor missed since "Sample and Hold" is clearly #1.

*Lucky 13 Version
And oh yeah, "Like An Inca" off Trans is also a ripper. Trans is awesome baby.

Last edited:
Report, brother!
So Fucking Good. Won't spoil the setlist (linked), but when the first notes hit the hairs on my arm stood up. Some classics, some surprises.

Been a long time since I've seen Neil with Crazy Horse, I think it was the Greendale tour. I'm guessing this was the smallest venue of the tour (holds about 6k people) and the sound was phenomenal and loud. Neil played Old Black for a majority of the show. We got a fair number of "How Ya Doin?"'s from Neil. Micah Nelson is a great addition. Billy is slowly morphing into Glen Hansard in terms of appearance.

3 extended jams that took their time getting anywhere in the very best way. Neil was on vocally and in his guitar playing.

Went with Mrs. ImTheOcean (her 3rd Neil Show) and friends who were seeing him for the first time last night, all were blown away. Taking the 17 year old tonight for round two.

IMG_6939.jpegIMG_6930.jpeg

So Fucking Good. Won't spoil the setlist (linked), but when the first notes hit the hairs on my arm stood up. Some classics, some surprises.

Been a long time since I've seen Neil with Crazy Horse, I think it was the Greendale tour. I'm guessing this was the smallest venue of the tour (holds about 6k people) and the sound was phenomenal and loud. Neil played Old Black for a majority of the show. We got a fair number of "How Ya Doin?"'s from Neil. Micah Nelson is a great addition. Billy is slowly morphing into Glen Hansard in terms of appearance.

3 extended jams that took their time getting anywhere in the very best way. Neil was on vocally and in his guitar playing.

Went with Mrs. ImTheOcean (her 3rd Neil Show) and friends who were seeing him for the first time last night, all were blown away. Taking the 17 year old tonight for round two.

View attachment 201157View attachment 201156

Good lord, what a set list!

I'm telling you. When those first notes hit it was like - That's the opener? He's getting right to it!
Yeah, when I saw that before even reading the rest of the list it read like an immediate, "okay, we ain't fuckin' around here!" Amazing.
Couldn't help but spoil the setlist for myself; very few songs I'm unfamiliar with and several if not most are absolute bucket-list must-sees in my book. The 3D solo tour was my first time seeing Neil live and while it was a great experience I cherish, I'll admit I didn't know many of the tunes.

Back