Neil Young

Page is dead now, what did it say?
Last I read, there's a full "Island In The Sun" album (the non electro half of Trans plus other tracks recorded at that time) and an expanded Ragged Glory, among a plethora of bootleg live gigs. I wish there was a full LP of Neil Young backed by Devo in the vault plus a bunch of vocoder sung outtakes for Trans including Berlin.

Sorry about that...I suppose you have to go to the Times Contrarian "Message From Neil" post on the Archives site. Long story short...there are dozens of releases coming in the next couple of years, including Archives Vol. III et al. Mind numbing amount of Neil.

For those of you that picked up young shakespeare, is it worth me picking up if I already have massey hall and cellar door?
I mean that’s a hard call. It’s really for diehards. It’s not as nice a master as those two. It’s a very different vibe from either as well. It’s kind of a nice shorter version to have.

I mean that’s a hard call. It’s really for diehards. It’s not as nice a master as those two. It’s a very different vibe from either as well. It’s kind of a nice shorter version to have.
Appreciate your take, I am pretty die hard but can't seem to pull the trigger on this one.

For those of you that picked up young shakespeare, is it worth me picking up if I already have massey hall and cellar door?

This is an interesting take from Young Shakespeare. Heart Of Gold almost has a polka feel.

Appreciate your take, I am pretty die hard but can't seem to pull the trigger on this one.
I like it. As said earlier, it's got a vibe that is different and the tracklist is great.
The news above on Eldorado, Weld, Ragged Glory is all good, as is the long rumored appearance of Toast. A bounty of riches awaits!

Speaking of which: what’s a fair price for a 2008 Massey Hall where the vinyl is in great shape but the sleeve has a 2-inch seam split on the top? Asking for a friend.

So, "Island in the Sun" from '82 has been renamed "Johnny's Island" according to RS in their Feb 1 2021 article. I didn't see it on the release list this week though? It did also mention "Noise and Flowers" as a Neil and POTR from 2019, which was on the upcoming release list this week.

Back