Neil Young

OK, so recently I came across a ridiculously cheap sealed copy of Le Noise so I have my old copy to offer up to someone in this thread first before I post over to the buy, sell trade section.

It's in a generic sleeve that I pasted a promo poster over and the record itself is in VG shape. I'm offering it up for what I paid with shipping which was $35. (sorry for sideways photo)

View attachment 91113

PM sent!

SOLD

OK, so recently I came across a ridiculously cheap sealed copy of Le Noise so I have my old copy to offer up to someone in this thread first before I post over to the buy, sell trade section.

It's in a generic sleeve that I pasted a promo poster over and the record itself is in VG shape. I'm offering it up for what I paid with shipping which was $35. (sorry for sideways photo)

View attachment 91113

Be sure to check the run outs on your new one. There was only one official pressing of Le Noise but there are unofficial copies out there.

Looks like Neil is going to be posting all the Bridge School shows up on the Archives for rent (and to support the Bridge School). Year one is up now.

When I invent time travel, I'm gonna take everyone back with me to the Chapel Hill show in 1991.

It was spectacular.
You didn't happen to be taping already in 1991, did you?

When Rust Bucket was announced I wanted to be at least a little familiar with the era before I listened, and I haven't been able to stop listening since.

When I invent time travel, I'm gonna take everyone back with me to the Chapel Hill show in 1991.

It was spectacular.
I caught Neil on that '91 Smell the Horse tour in Richfield, OH. Social Distortion and Sonic Youth opened up. Neil rarely disappoints in any regard, but that one was special. I have had Rust Bucket on repeat for weeks, and it takes me right back.

Last edited:
I caught Neil in Columbus, OH on that '91 tour. Social Distortion and Sonic Youth opened up. Neil rarely disappoints in any regard, but that one was special. I have had Rust Bucket on repeat for weeks, and it brings me right back.
I saw this tour at the San Diego Sports Arena, unfortunately without Sonic Youth, just Social D. However, it was an incredible experience, one of my favorite concerts.

Let's talk the quality of Neil's openers over the years. I've seen him w/ Blind Melon & Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab for Cutie, Elvis Costello, Lucinda Williams, Jenny Lewis, and Pegi Young. He knows how to pick them.
Who wouldn’t want to open for a Neil? Really hope I get to see him live again. Always incredible

Let's talk the quality of Neil's openers over the years. I've seen him w/ Blind Melon & Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab for Cutie, Elvis Costello, Lucinda Williams, Jenny Lewis, and Pegi Young. He knows how to pick them.
Agreed. In addition to Sonic Youth/Social Distortion noise-fest mentioned above, I saw Pearl Jam open for him in '93 (Portland Meadows), and Patti Smith in '96 (The Gorge in George, WA). Both epic shows. Gotta love Neil.

Definitely been some good ones... for me they were The Pretenders in '00, Bert Jansch in '10, and Patti Smith in '12.

I caught Neil on that '91 Smell the Horse tour in Richfield, OH. Social Distortion and Sonic Youth opened up. Neil rarely disappoints in any regard, but that one was special. I have had Rust Bucket on repeat for weeks, and it takes me right back.

god one thing I miss about going to shows is years later when you think back on the openers. I saw Modest Mouse and The National open for R.E.M. lol

Back