Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Yay I'm so glad you were able to pick it up, and even more to see you're enjoying it and checking the booklet out! When I selected this as my AOTM I feared people would be thrown off by the foreign language and the genre, yet I was convinced the record had a lot to offer to those who could see past those barriers. I'm super happy to see people digging the album... it has been much better than I would've imagined.
Thank you for expanding my musical tastes! I really do enjoy all types of music, and am grateful for everyone here for sharing and introducing their favorites!

Update for those who are still on the fence about buying this record on vinyl:

Amazon.es currently has it in stock, but it is advertised as shipping in 1 to 3 months. I ordered it last week when it was still a preorder, so my orders page says @D Jilla will get it before the end of the month, but I haven't been charged yet. @gaporter you could order it now in order to secure a copy, as your card will probably not be charged before January.

Disco100 has it in stock too, but I don't know if they are shipping it right away. @Lee Newman, did you order yours from them? Has your order shipped yet?
Heads-up for those who are interested in picking this record, but are still holding off:
The record is no longer available via Amazon.es, so I suggest picking it up soon via one of the other sellers. Disco 100 still has it in stock and seems to be one of the best options for folks in the US

Heads-up for those who are interested in picking this record, but are still holding off:
The record is no longer available via Amazon.es, so I suggest picking it up soon via one of the other sellers. Disco 100 still has it in stock and seems to be one of the best options for folks in the US

Thank you so much!!! Just ordered a copy! I’m really happy with the price and the colour variant looks great! I cannot wait to spin this album! ❤️❤️❤️

Ordering records from overseas always makes me antsy. I don’t have the security of obsessing over its tracking information till it shows up.

I’m the opposite weirdly. I kinda accept that they’re going to take longer and stop obsessing. With local ones I’m there hammering the tracking number! Apart from those that come from the pizzeria, they’re anxiety central!

Ordering records from overseas always makes me antsy. I don’t have the security of obsessing over its tracking information till it shows up.
Yeah, I ordered from Poland and it was taking soooo long. I did a little homework after the fact. 6 to 8 weeks is the typical time frame, sometimes longer. HOLY SHIT, not the 2 weeks or less I am used to from most major European nations. So, yeah, I'm hoping to see something in January, maybe not.

Just finished bingeing this thread to catch up. I ordered the album back on 12/4 when I saw a cross-post in another thread that it was available again (I listened to the first song and was sold immediately). I’m away for the holidays though so I won’t get to spin it until I get back home and pick up my mail.

I loved reading the clues and write-ups for this though! I first heard about Rosalia earlier this year since she was featured on a song on James Blake’s new album, and that led me to look up her albums, so I was excited to see her listed as one of the further listening options, and it’s cool to me that you picked an ROTM that means so much to her! It was really interesting to read the posts in the thread that make the connection between her music and his, as well as with the flamenco tradition overall.

I love that you gave us a new genre to explore together, and I think you should take some credit for forcing more of these albums to be pressed. I wonder what percentage of the orders for this album outside of Spain are from people on this forum alone! I know it was a bummer when people couldn’t get the record initially when it was announced, but it’s really cool that your write-up talked about how this music is overlooked and not always marketed as widely as other types of world music, and then seeing people here trying to order the album and finding out that it was sold out and their orders were canceled, and then we see your posts where you’re literally reaching out to sellers to try to get them to order more for us to buy, and then they actually did! I wasn’t aware of all of the drama when I ordered the record a couple weeks ago, so as I’ve been reading through the entire thread over the past few days, when I got near the end and saw the posts leading up to the repress, I was like “holy buckets, he did it! He fucking did it!”

But I still cannot get over that beautiful lyrics booklet that you made with your girlfriend. It’s such a thoughtful gift to all of us to help us have a deeper appreciation of the beautiful lyrics and also what the music means to you. Just thinking about the time you both spent translating and illustrating each track of the album for us makes me want to give everyone in the world a hug.

I’m also secretly kind of happy that the album was delayed for most other people, too, so now I can listen to it and share my reactions along with everyone else. I listened all the way through for the first time today but still need to print out the booklet and carve out some time to go through and try to follow along with the lyrics. Really looking forward to exploring this record and the others that you recommended! Thank you for sharing all of this with us!!

Just finished bingeing this thread to catch up. I ordered the album back on 12/4 when I saw a cross-post in another thread that it was available again (I listened to the first song and was sold immediately). I’m away for the holidays though so I won’t get to spin it until I get back home and pick up my mail.

I loved reading the clues and write-ups for this though! I first heard about Rosalia earlier this year since she was featured on a song on James Blake’s new album, and that led me to look up her albums, so I was excited to see her listed as one of the further listening options, and it’s cool to me that you picked an ROTM that means so much to her! It was really interesting to read the posts in the thread that make the connection between her music and his, as well as with the flamenco tradition overall.

I love that you gave us a new genre to explore together, and I think you should take some credit for forcing more of these albums to be pressed. I wonder what percentage of the orders for this album outside of Spain are from people on this forum alone! I know it was a bummer when people couldn’t get the record initially when it was announced, but it’s really cool that your write-up talked about how this music is overlooked and not always marketed as widely as other types of world music, and then seeing people here trying to order the album and finding out that it was sold out and their orders were canceled, and then we see your posts where you’re literally reaching out to sellers to try to get them to order more for us to buy, and then they actually did! I wasn’t aware of all of the drama when I ordered the record a couple weeks ago, so as I’ve been reading through the entire thread over the past few days, when I got near the end and saw the posts leading up to the repress, I was like “holy buckets, he did it! He fucking did it!”

But I still cannot get over that beautiful lyrics booklet that you made with your girlfriend. It’s such a thoughtful gift to all of us to help us have a deeper appreciation of the beautiful lyrics and also what the music means to you. Just thinking about the time you both spent translating and illustrating each track of the album for us makes me want to give everyone in the world a hug.

I’m also secretly kind of happy that the album was delayed for most other people, too, so now I can listen to it and share my reactions along with everyone else. I listened all the way through for the first time today but still need to print out the booklet and carve out some time to go through and try to follow along with the lyrics. Really looking forward to exploring this record and the others that you recommended! Thank you for sharing all of this with us!!
Wow, thanks so much for your words! I had a lot of fun sharing with everyone in this thread, and I'm really happy to hear people enjoyed the experience. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the album once you get the chance to spin it ;)

Back