Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

I'll be in Sevilla until Feb 18, by Feb 21 I'll be in Málaga.
We're very excited for this trip, and after listening to Camarón, my wife is really looking forward to see a Flamenco show.
This one right here seems to be a good "tablao" (flamenco club). I don't know about their usual show, but some pretty big artists are booked to perform there, so I think this is most likely a "true" flamenco place, and not a tourist trap.

Great! Last time I checked Disco100 was OOS, but I'm glad it's back. In other news, the copy I ordered for @D Jilla is on its way and should be arriving this week!

Shipping notice came in this morning!
Can't wait to get it. Found a version on Spotify licensed in the US and I have been playing it almost on a loop :)

Shipping notice came in this morning!
Can't wait to get it. Found a version on Spotify licensed in the US and I have been playing it almost on a loop :)
Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I'm sure you'll like it even more on vinyl. The master is great... Like @Lee Newman said when he received his copy, this is one of those cases in which vinyl beats every other format.

This one right here seems to be a good "tablao" (flamenco club). I don't know about their usual show, but some pretty big artists are booked to perform there, so I think this is most likely a "true" flamenco place, and not a tourist trap.

The show was fantastic!
Too bad filming was not allowed the singer was great.

8659C749-3828-4ACB-BA21-822ED0F7359A.jpeg0AD6D917-99C3-4E46-8186-C55AD7CD2F4E.jpegEDCCA908-DEFC-4202-9EFF-74758FB3166E.jpeg

@agutierrezb , I was wondering if you had any thoughts about Maria Jose Llergo’s album Sanacion. (I don’t know how to do accent marks on my phone). I’m listening to it now, and I think it’s very pretty!
I'm not sure about your phone, but on android, if you click and hold on the letter, it gives me all the accent options. Ëôæç!

@agutierrezb , I was wondering if you had any thoughts about Maria Jose Llergo’s album Sanacion. (I don’t know how to do accent marks on my phone). I’m listening to it now, and I think it’s very pretty!
I'm not sure about your phone, but on android, if you click and hold on the letter, it gives me all the accent options. Ëôæç!
It’s the same on iOS.

I haven't heard about her! Thanks for bringing her to my attention. I just added the album to my listening queue, and will report back once I've given it a listen.

Ok, this is really nice! She has a beautiful voice, and the eerie modern production makes a nice contrast with the traditional singing and guitar playing. The obvious comparison would be Rosalía, since both are doing the blend of traditional Flamenco with contemporary music, but I think Llergo has got something of her own. While Rosalía's music may come off as simply using Flamenco as an aesthetic to place on top of modern songs and production (not a diss at all, I love El Mal Querer), I think Maria José Llergo is walking the same path, but on the opposite direction.

Back