Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

what settings do you do for the booklet in the printer (i accidentally printed it in portrait mode and then the back pages were flipped so i wanna know to do make it right)

what settings do you do for the booklet in the printer (i accidentally printed it in portrait mode and then the back pages were flipped so i wanna know to do make it right)
Depends on your specific printer but you’re typically looking at enabling double sided mode and then picking if the pages are flipping on the long edge or the short edge. Short edge and landscape would mean your booklet is 8.5” tall by 5.5” wide If you fold the paper in half (which is typical). Long edge means your booklet is 11” tall. It really does matter what your specific print dialogs are though.

Did you manage to get it right? You should print it landscape mode and both sides of the paper mode (some printers do this automatically and some you have to do it manually). Basically you want the second page of the Pdf to be printed on the back side of the 1st page, the 4th on the back of the 3rd and so on.

Did you manage to get it right? You should print it landscape mode and both sides of the paper mode (some printers do this automatically and some you have to do it manually). Basically you want the second page of the Pdf to be printed on the back side of the 1st page, the 4th on the back of the 3rd and so on.
i got it right....

i just gotta wait for the vinyl to come

Heads-up for those who are interested in picking this record, but are still holding off:
The record is no longer available via Amazon.es, so I suggest picking it up soon via one of the other sellers. Disco 100 still has it in stock and seems to be one of the best options for folks in the US

Just placed my order, finally. Looking forward to playing this with Como El Agua...

Hey there people! I took a little break from social media while I was on vacations, but now I'm back and wanted to share a couple of things with you.

First, I'm super excited to see people getting this album I would love to see pics of those records spinning whenever you get them. The order I placed on Amazon.es for @D Jilla has been pushed back 2 times, so I'll wait until the 10 and if it hasn't shipped by that day, I'll order on Disco100

Second, I was on southern Spain during the holidays and seized the opportunity to get a good dose of flamenco records, which are not very easy to get elsewhere in the world. I went to a record store that specializes in the genre, and I got a couple of used albums bylegendary singers from the genre's golden age, as well as Rosalia and a album the guy at the store recommended. I haven't had the chance to spin it yet (lower right corner in thebpic), but apparently it is a Flamenco-Jazz album inspired by Bill Evans from Niño Josele one of the best and most exciting contemporary Flamenco guitar players. It sounds very cool, so I'm looking forward to spinning this album.
IMG_20200105_104039.jpg

Last but not least, my sister-in-law gifted me this tote with a cool Camaron illustration. This will probably be my record-shopping tote bag from now on

IMG_20200105_104738.jpg

What you said about this album on vinyl vs other formats is totally true. When I first played my copy after streaming the album countless times I was blown away by the sound quality. The mastering on this pressing is great, I can't literally imagine a better sounding version of this album... It's like every single instrument is right where it should be.

Hey there people! I took a little break from social media while I was on vacations, but now I'm back and wanted to share a couple of things with you.

First, I'm super excited to see people getting this album I would love to see pics of those records spinning whenever you get them. The order I placed on Amazon.es for @D Jilla has been pushed back 2 times, so I'll wait until the 10 and if it hasn't shipped by that day, I'll order on Disco100

Second, I was on southern Spain during the holidays and seized the opportunity to get a good dose of flamenco records, which are not very easy to get elsewhere in the world. I went to a record store that specializes in the genre, and I got a couple of used albums bylegendary singers from the genre's golden age, as well as Rosalia and a album the guy at the store recommended. I haven't had the chance to spin it yet (lower right corner in thebpic), but apparently it is a Flamenco-Jazz album inspired by Bill Evans from Niño Josele one of the best and most exciting contemporary Flamenco guitar players. It sounds very cool, so I'm looking forward to spinning this album.
View attachment 28532

Last but not least, my sister-in-law gifted me this tote with a cool Camaron illustration. This will probably be my record-shopping tote bag from now on

View attachment 28533
The guy at the record store recommended a bunch of contemporary artists I hadn't heard of, and I have been streaming some of them for the last couple of days. One that stuck out is the singer "Arcángel", whose 2018 live album "Al este del cante" is just amazing.

Here's his cover of the title track of La leyenda del tiempo, with a very different sound to that of the original recording, adding a choir, some jazz-infused harmonies and arrangements that could have been born out of the mind of Steve Reich.

It is very unique and exciting. If you like this track, I recommend listening to the whole album. To me, it feels just as musically complex and adventurous as Rosalía's record, but borrowing from very different genres to those present in El Mal Querer.

@Aron posted this in another thread and I thought it would be great to repost here.

If you aren't feeling some kind of way around minute 6 and then want to leap from your chair and join her at 6:45, then I don't know what to tell you. I was surprised the stage didn't catch on fire. Stunning.

Back