Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

I actually feel like a repress is not necessary. I think Universal knew the kind of demand this record would have and printed enough, it's just the different retailers that didn't stock enough copies.
I think this is the case as well. Seems extremely unlikely they would only press enough to sell out in a few months.

Their site is weird for sure, but if I understand correctly, they will only ask for your CC information once they have the record in their warehouse, which, according to the site, will be in 10 days.
but they DO have my shipping address

and who knows what dangerous stuff they can ship to me

plus there is no reputable source about it being good

1. Camarón and Tomatito played at Montreux in 1991
2. We haden't had a flamenco record before
3. The team is PSV, founded py Philips and plays at Philips Stadion. The album waas released on the Philips label.
4. The album was released in 1979, our oldest ROTM yet
5. I guess flamenco is World Music
6. Poet House in New York: One of Federico García Lorca's most famous books is "Poet in New York". More than half of the lyrics in this album are adaptations of his poems.
7. Camarón died in 1992
8. Federico García Lorca on Discogs
9. Camarón was born on San Fernando, Cádiz. References of the sea are all over his ouvre, and this album in particular is proof of it.
10. 2:30 on this video
11. Tomatito, who played guitar on this album, appeared on "The Devil's Advocate" and contributed to the Soundtrack too.

I was in Spain all weekend! If only I’d known I might have tried a record store in Madrid yesterday!

I also have to note that this isn't normally my type of music at ALL. but god damn the self-titled track is making me feel the grooves. Sucks the album isn't on google play music for me to listen. I have to listen to it on youtube lol

if it comes back in stock I might buy
I'm listening on GPM right now. Maybe it's a rights thing, but try Google Play Music.

I'll upload the printable version tomorrow, along with some instructions on how to put the booklet together.
Not to be a pedant, but I think you meant "homage" instead of "hommage" for the third track's title. Love the book, though, and will definitely print it if and when I can grab a vinyl copy.

I received it today, just on time! I already have Rosalias's record too. Great pick @agutierrezb, it's certainly an excellent start to go deeper into Flamenco! Thanks for your work and congrats to @D Jilla for guessing right!

View attachment 17854
What color is the Paris record? I hate the lime green on the La leyenda record, a smoke vinyl would have fit the cover art so much better.

i feel like i put myself in danger by ordering from disc-orders but i dont wanna make people sad by not buying the ROTM (tbh the :( emojis i been getting have made me feel a little guilty if i dont buy it). but i dunno if disco100 are even going to sell the thing anymore.. its just stressful

i feel like i put myself in danger by ordering from disc-orders but i dont wanna make people sad by not buying the ROTM (tbh the :( emojis i been getting have made me feel a little guilty if i dont buy it). but i dunno if disco100 are even going to sell the thing anymore.. its just stressful

I can't believe they won't repress the records. They reissued all his discography, there are even two box sets with 10 records each. They probably pressed a first colored run and will repress a second one depending on which records sold more.

Back