Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

when we get a decade hint in who knows how long we can finally figure out what it might be.. it could be from this decade because of the "not in the top 5 of the decade" thing... but it could just mean its from pre 2010

does Teeee like madonna (i would understand why she wouldn't) but i'm gonna guess madonnas self titled debut

This is a great album. I was out for a drink with a friend one night and a girl approached us and said ‘Into The Groove is my favourite Madonna song. Madonna is my favourite artist of all time.’ I concurred that it was a great song and a fail safe when DJing (I was DJing mostly 80s pop at the time. She then said it was on her first album. ‘No it’s not’ I replied.

She was adamant, my friend said she was dealing with someone with a level of music knowledge that would dwarf most mortals and I responded ‘Into The Groove is track 7 on The Immaculate Collection, That places it in Like A Virgin era, probably around Desperately Seeking Susan coming out, regardless of that it has Shep Pettibone’s production all over it whereas Madonna was primarily Jellybean Benitez who was her boyfriend, the drum machine and synths also place it later, and anyway the tracklisting of Madonna is 1) Lucky Star, 2) Borderline 3) Burning Up..,’

‘Are you a big Madonna fan too?’ She asked.

‘Not really.’

I haven’t enjoyed a Madonna single since 4 Minutes but I like pretty much everything before. True Blue is a really cohesive listen.

We don’t have a decade yet right?

I think that this is the perfect pop song

So I’m guessing

The Ronettes - Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica

View attachment 12912

I love this song. Love The Ronettes. That Back To Mono Phil Spector compilation was so good. Stop mentioning things that I will want.

I liked The Shangri-Las better though.

They were bad girls.

This is a great album. I was out for a drink with a friend one night and a girl approached us and said ‘Into The Groove is my favourite Madonna song. Madonna is my favourite artist of all time.’ I concurred that it was a great song and a fail safe when DJing (I was DJing mostly 80s pop at the time. She then said it was on her first album. ‘No it’s not’ I replied.

She was adamant, my friend said she was dealing with someone with a level of music knowledge that would dwarf most mortals and I responded ‘Into The Groove is track 7 on The Immaculate Collection, That places it in Like A Virgin era, probably around Desperately Seeking Susan coming out, regardless of that it has Shep Pettibone’s production all over it whereas Madonna was primarily Jellybean Benitez who was her boyfriend, the drum machine and synths also place it later, and anyway the tracklisting of Madonna is 1) Lucky Star, 2) Borderline 3) Burning Up..,’

‘Are you a big Madonna fan too?’ She asked.

‘Not really.’

I haven’t enjoyed a Madonna single since 4 Minutes but I like pretty much everything before. True Blue is a really cohesive listen.

I love this song. Love The Ronettes. That Back To Mono Phil Spector compilation was so good. Stop mentioning things that I will want.

I liked The Shangri-Las better though.

They were bad girls.

The MOV of this album only cost me €25, just saying...

I also got an og righteous brothers Spector greatest hits for £5 on discogs, it’s also great...

I’ve accepted that I’ll never own back to mono!

we'll figure it out

we are only on the first day with only 3 clues

how about

Amy Whinehouse - Back to Black
Julia Holter - Loud City Song
Whitney Houston - Whitney
Aretha Franklin - Aretha Now
ABBA - Arrival (they count... female singers)

thats good enough for each decade i'm just randomly choosing

Back