Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 3 - September 2019 /// Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee

Is Meat Loaf Pop? Probably. He’s Popular. As much influenced by The Shangri-La’s as hard rock. Or Wagner. The impressive thing about his singing on Bat is it is the sound of one man destroying his vocal chords by going all out. But what a legacy to leave. If you are making one album, make it Bat Out Of Hell. The same way if I was making one single I would make it YMCA, it has lit up so many parties, is iconic, has its own dance moves, is beloved and recognised by everyone from little kids to pensioners and STILL has a subversive side.

when we get a decade hint in who knows how long we can finally figure out what it might be.. it could be from this decade because of the "not in the top 5 of the decade" thing... but it could just mean its from pre 2010

does Teeee like madonna (i would understand why she wouldn't) but i'm gonna guess madonnas self titled debut

Dukey - she's a pop icon! Of course I like her (just not familiar with her more recent stuff). I've seen her live several times. Drowned world tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
i just know the infamous "madonna free zone" after the song vogue was kinda queer and POC erasure of a culture.. at least thats what the DJ sprinkles song said

Dukey - she's a pop icon! Of course I like her (just not familiar with her more recent stuff). I've seen her live several times. Drowned world tour was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

You're not losing anything. Rebel Heart was fine, but everything after American Life/Confessions is really, really, REALLY lame.

i am hoping its madonnas self titled not just because its pretty good but because i can also make the jokes about lucky star
giphy.gif

but if it is madonna and not self titled it could be anything from like a virgin to ray of light to like a prayer

Back