Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 24 - June 2021 // Calliope Musicals - Color/Sweat

giphy.webp

So I have a selection of questions, decide if any are worthy. All but one seem reasonable.
  1. How many members are in the group?
  2. What style of music do they play?
  3. From where to the band hail?
  4. Is the album/artist in the general consciousness of the forum or is their appeal a bit more niche than that?(until you announce of course)
  5. Eric is wrong right? Please tell me Eric is wrong!
  6. What is the album?
1. 5ish
2. glitter bomb
3. outer space, but I don't think the same outer space as GWAR. maybe they are neighbors though?
4. a bit niche
5. I changed it to Slayer cause Eric can't be wrong
6. I'm still tryna figure that out

happiest of birthdays, you goofy curmudgeon. celebrate @Joe Mac by having a tipple and listening to this!

Can I guess a second one?

Chastity Belt - S/T

They've been at hella fests but i'm working so idk if u met them but ima hope for the best
2015 Austin 100
5ish members (they have 4 females which equals 5 men bc science)
glitter bomb? hell yea, they go hard af just like glitter is...and they're bomb
3. outer space, but I don't think the same outer space as GWAR. maybe they are neighbors though?
They're from WA!

First time I've heard of glitter bomb as a genre but I think I get what it is anyhow.
I don't love love genres although I understand their usefulness, glitter bomb is a description of their feel and style.

this group blends genres to me. I can eliminate some genres: they do not rap. they do sounds and samples, but not an electronic genre.

Last edited:
Honestly I didn't know glitter bomb was a genre
I don't know what genre it is. But what I know is that I will love it.
this one was not magnetic, just a regular shifter. goes from red orange to black blue to violet depending on the light.

this week's polish is color changing though :LOL:
giphy.gif
Ooooh, I think I might need a manicure....

Last edited:
I no longer remember how to gif in the forum so my entrance is far less exciting than I imagined it in my mind.

Think About Life - Family

That's my guess, @gaporter Because I saw them play at the only SXSW I've been to and I know bfly was there. And I'm quite sure we overlapped at shows but didn't know it. And I like this band and they are glitter bomb. And it can't be Paula because she is but one person and not a group.

Happy birthday, @Joe Mac !!!!!

So, the Austin 100 is an NPR compilation of SXSW acts that started in 2009.

Here are the following years articles/lists: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

As you've worked SXSW between 2011 - 2016, I'd initially be inclined to check those time periods above.

I'd also be reticent to include 2020 as it was cancelled, but a list still exists so, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know where this all leads, but I am trying to help parse through the literal thousands* of possibilities

*hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds

So I have a selection of questions, decide if any are worthy. All but one seem reasonable.
  1. How many members are in the group?
  2. What style of music do they play?
  3. From where to the band hail?
  4. Is the album/artist in the general consciousness of the forum or is their appeal a bit more niche than that?(until you announce of course)
  5. Eric is wrong right? Please tell me Eric is wrong!
  6. What is the album?

1. 5ish
2. glitter bomb
4. a bit niche
5. I changed it to Slayer cause Eric can't be wrong
6. I'm still tryna figure that out

happiest of birthdays, you goofy curmudgeon. celebrate @Joe Mac by having a tipple and listening to this!
These^
Ok so do we have a front runner on these guesses yet? There are 13 pages of pure and utter shenanigans and I have no idea what’s going on.

Also, my guess: Hawthorne Heights - The Silence in Black and White
Those r the things!!!!

Back