Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

Listening to Khemmis and liking it at very start but awaiting disappointment as growl vocals come in, and they don’t!!! Sounds a little James Hetfieldy, which is fine. Music is almost prog but mixed with sludge. Going to order this and if it isn’t AOTM then fine as i’ll Have 2 nice metal albums. I already have one by Mastodon and High On Fire which I both really like.

I ordered Khemmis this morning too! I don’t care if it’s not the AOTM, I wants it. The cover art is so compelling!! I might buy the other two Khemmis albums next month (when I get some more money) just to have all that cool art!

The debut is still my favorite and the newest is really solid as well. Happy these guys, even if not the pick, are gaining some new fans through this exercise.

Listening to Khemmis and liking it at very start but awaiting disappointment as growl vocals come in, and they don’t!!! Sounds a little James Hetfieldy, which is fine. Music is almost prog but mixed with sludge. Going to order this and if it isn’t AOTM then fine as i’ll Have 2 nice metal albums. I already have one by Mastodon and High On Fire which I both really like.

There are growls used on Hunted, FYI. First ones appear about 11 minutes into the album, and they are used here and there.

There aren’t any harsh vocals on the opening or closing tracks, and there is no song that consists of only growls.

Gave Khemmis a Spotify listen today and dug it, lots of prog/stoner/drudge elements to it. I could see enjoying this a lot if it's the AOTM. Only question is do I try to pick up one of the variants or standard black?
Yeah, with metal releases usually give you more than a few options. 20buck spin webstore has a variant currently available at a reasonable price.

I’m pretty sure it’s Khemmis. But tell ya what @duke86fan, if you buy Khemmis and it turns out to not be the AOTM, I’ll buy you the real AOTM. You’ve worked really hard on this thread for us, the least I can do is provide this sort of selection-insurance
wow...

thats really nice for you

i'll pay you half of it maybe... including the shipping

Back