Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 /// Khemmis - Hunted

You can still get a silver in an electric blue variant from them

Thanks! I ended up on the bandcamp and it said sold out on there. Appreciate it.

I was curious what that would look like since there weren't any pics on 20 buck spin (that i could find).

41669006_2173241586294471_2493890919921385893_n.jpg

Who can give me a "previously on Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 2 - August 2019 guess thread"? What's the point of the situation? Is this month the Paula Abdul month?

The album has been narrowed down to Khemmis, Mastodon, and High on Fire. Some of the clues fit Khemmis better (Wizard art, Visigoth, more accessible singing) some fit High on Fire better (Converge, more critical acclaim, Goatfish’s love for Lemmy), and Mastodon just keeps hanging around.

The album has been narrowed down to Khemmis, Mastodon, and High on Fire. Some of the clues fit Khemmis better (Wizard art, Visigoth, more accessible singing) some fit High on Fire better (Converge, more critical acclaim, Goatfish’s love for Lemmy), and Mastodon just keeps hanging around.

Thanks (y) I just put an order for this Khemmis record. If it's not I guess I will have to order more metal.

I thought Mastodon was ruled out because of the "legal cannabis" clue?

Lm

Yeah, there is multiple variants listed if you click the drop down but only this one and the standard black are currently available.

It’s a good record. FOMO the shit out of this. If it ends up being something else you would just end up with two rad Metal records instead of one.

I thought Mastodon was ruled out because of the "legal cannabis" clue?
Here's a quote from Hinds reagarding legal weed that I came across while doing some research earlier in the thread:

They say that if, you know, terrorists and like the freedom haters wanna blow up America because we're so free but why don't they fucking turn Holland into dust because you guys are the freest people in the world?

With all the metal love going on here I feel like sharing my recent pick up here would be appreciated...

I found this in the “new arrivals” bin at my LRS yesterday. It was listed for $30 but they had a 20% off used vinyl sale so it ended up being round $25. It’s VG+/VG original pressing (but missing the inner sleeve). Still, a pretty good deal. The album itself sounds damn near flawless. For the record, my cat is not a fan of Thrash/Speed Metal.

Last edited:

I'm actually not getting this one. There was a variant on discogs that was a blue w/red splatter that looked really good. This one:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/972154062

Got it for the same price as the one on 20buckspin.

I'm actually not getting this one. There was a variant on discogs that was a blue w/red splatter that looked really good. This one:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/972154062

Got it for the same price as the one on 20buckspin.
Man, all these gorgeous variants are putting my baby blue variant to shame. I can’t bring myself to purchase a 2nd copy but some of these are quite stunning.

Anyone buying Khemmis and can afford to add another record to combine shipping, I’d very strongly encourage adding Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction or Magic Circle - Departed Souls along with it.

If you prefer more traditional heavy metal elements, both Spirit Adrift releases are also very good.

Absolutely fantastic relatively accessible metal albums, and 20BS always puts out a fantastic package.

Anyone buying Khemmis and can afford to add another record to combine shipping, I’d very strongly encourage adding Pallbearer - Sorrow & Extinction or Magic Circle - Departed Souls along with it.

If you prefer more traditional heavy metal elements, both Spirit Adrift releases are also very good.

Absolutely fantastic relatively accessible metal albums, and 20BS always puts out a fantastic package.
so Khemmis is it, yes?

I love Sorrow & Extinction. I purchase a variant from 20Buck Spin and mine was unfortunately pretty staticy during the quiet parts. not sure if it was just my copy or what but just an FYI. My Khemmis record sounds great though.

if you were dissappointed that Power Trip was eliminated , a record I would recommend that is currently available in the 20Buck Spin web store also is Noisem - Cease To Exist

Back