Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

Could be Maribou State - Portraits?

fits the electronic theme and is a cracking record.
Robin Williams would also fit the track “clown” from that album. I don’t know how specifically Teller and the other dude would fit

I'm going to guess Lack of Afro. Not sure of album. Maybe Music for Adverts. I'm grasping at straws but they're on the Craig Charles compilation, the guy behind it did an advert for Miller Lite, and they remixed a track on another Craig Charles compilation called Robbin Hood.

I found this about Craig Charles: "He is also involved in music journalism as he wrote Liner notes for the funk and soul music producer Mr. Confuse for his albums 'Feel The Fire' (2008), 'Do You Realize' (2012) and 'Only A Man' (2018)"

Mr. Confuse seems to be electronic/dance/Soul/ funk, so that could be fitting with an electronic connection.

Miles Teller might be referencing to drums, which play an important role on" Feel the fire". Possibly Robin Williams is a clue for saxophone because of the "Moscow on the Hudson" movie.
So my guess would be Mr. Confuse "Feel the fire".

Who was the photographer for these photos? There is a consistent style, so it’s possible these were taken by one person. @Joe Mac threw out photography clues, so this wouldn’t be unprecedented. Just an idea!
Looks like it was Erik Tanner for the Bourdain photo, but it doesn't look like he did the others based on my quick google search!

That’s a picture of the actor/DJ Craig Charles who played Dave Lister in Red Dwarf and Lloyd the cabbie in Corrie. He currently DJs on BBC 6 Music doing a Funk and Soul show and that picture is from one of the adverts for said Funk & Soul show!

I think this may be an indicator that this is a funk or soul album and/or that there may be some connection to radio, in a title perhaps?
quick t/j...bbc6 is so good. Us yanks enjoy getting the programming at different time zones. I tend to listen to this station in the late mornings and early afternoons on weekends. I think the closest thing we have is KEXP, but if someone has another recommendation, please speak up now.

Back