Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

I was (re)watching "Can't Buy Me Love" (the teen comedy from the 80's, with Patrick Dempsey) and Paula Abdul was credited as the choreographer! She created the "African Anteater Ritual" dance! Amazing, I had no idea!
OMG! Nor did I. That's amazing, thank you for sharing! I used to love that movie. I think I have it on DVD, time to pull it out!

The lead single off Cee Lo Green's 2015 album "Heart Blanche" was called Robin Williams. I doubt it's this given Cee lo's questionable life and the fact that this album wasnt all that well received but hey I wanna get involved here lol
I can't tell you how much it sucks that Cee-Lo is a scumbag. Those two Gnarls Barkley albums were some of my favorite music growing up and I wanted that rumored third album for so long and now I just don't have any interest at all.

Sorry to @Alexander in advance if it is Cee-Lo 👀

I can't tell you how much it sucks that Cee-Lo is a scumbag. Those two Gnarls Barkley albums were some of my favorite music growing up and I wanted that rumored third album for so long and now I just don't have any interest at all.

Yeah I was a pretty huge fan of his career for a while. Owned both gnarls Barkley, alot of his solo stuff and some goodie mob on CD but after I learned about what he did I got rid of em. St. Elsewhere is the only album of his that I still go back to and enjoy but even that feels tainted at times

Yeah I was a pretty huge fan of his career for a while. Owned both gnarls Barkley, alot of his solo stuff and some goodie mob on CD but after I learned about what he did I got rid of em. St. Elsewhere is the only album of his that I still go back to and enjoy but even that feels tainted at times
He's a POS. But Crazy is a perfect song. That I heard was done in one take? That's amazing.

He's a POS. But Crazy is a perfect song. That I heard was done in one take? That's amazing.
Bad people can make good art just as much as good people can make bad art. And I won't pretend that some of my favorite music hasn't been made possible at least in part due to some bad people. Early Kesha comes to mind there, but in that case, it's fairly easy to just try to ignore Dr. Puke exists and just focus on Kesha herself. With someone like Cee-Lo where they are front and center it can just be too hard to go back without feeling dirty.

Last edited:
Speaking of Running Man, I feel like it's an underrated Schwarzenegger movie, even if it didn't have much to do with the original Stephen King story. Whenever I first heard of The Hunger Games, I thought "isn't that basically The Running Man"? But probably not. I also thought that Inside Out was a cleaner, better version of Herman's Head.

Speaking of Running Man, I feel like it's an underrated Schwarzenegger movie, even if it didn't have much to do with the original Stephen King story. Whenever I first heard of The Hunger Games, I thought "isn't that basically The Running Man"? But probably not. I also thought that Inside Out was a cleaner, better version of Herman's Head.
I Strangely have had and completely agree with all of these points exactly.

oh since there is a major connection to him in whiplash.. someone like charlie parker or buddy rich

is there any robin williams films that relate to that
I was just trying to connect jazz drumming to the name Williams. No idea!

Tony Williams also played with Miles Davis alot if you want another tenuous connection.

Back