Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 13 - July 2020 /// Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons

That’s a picture of the actor/DJ Craig Charles who played Dave Lister in Red Dwarf and Lloyd the cabbie in Corrie. He currently DJs on BBC 6 Music doing a Funk and Soul show and that picture is from one of the adverts for said Funk & Soul show!

I think this may be an indicator that this is a funk or soul album and/or that there may be some connection to radio, in a title perhaps?

That’s a picture of the actor/DJ Craig Charles who played Dave Lister in Red Dwarf and Lloyd the cabbie in Corrie. He currently DJs on BBC 6 Music doing a Funk and Soul show and that picture is from one of the adverts for said Funk & Soul show!

I think this may be an indicator that this is a funk or soul album and/or that there may be some connection to radio, in a title perhaps?

Robin Williams works as a DJ for a radio in Good Morning Vietnam so it's a Vietnamese artist/band. Or an early album in some artist/band career.

Robin Williams works as a DJ for a radio on Good Morning Vietnam so it's a Vietnamese artist/artist. Or an early album in some artist/band career.

Or it’s an American funk/soul album by an artist with some connection to Radio and that maybe were either drafted for the Vietnam war or maybe involved in the anti-Vietnam war movement?

Unless I’m misreading all the clues Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going in seems to fit a lot of the clues and it’s one of Craig Charles’ favourite soul albums (well actually surely one of everyone’s lol). It seems like a bit too big and obvious a choice, great to celebrate (particularly right now), but does it need curating for people 🤔

Unless I’m misreading all the clues Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going in seems to fit a lot of the clues and it’s one of Craig Charles’ favourite soul albums (well actually surely one of everyone’s lol). It seems like a bit too big and obvious a choice, great to celebrate (particularly right now), but does it need curating for people 🤔

I admit I didn't knew who is Craig Charles but Wiki introduces him as a actor, television presenter, DJ and poet. One of most famous Robin Williams character was in Dead Poets Society. I don't see how it may connect to Miler Teller though.

I admit I didn't knew who is Craig Charles but Wiki introduces him as a actor, television presenter, DJ and poet. One of most famous Robin Williams character was in Dead Poets Society. I don't see how it may connect to Miler Teller though.

Yeah his most famous role was in Red Dwarf and the biggest show he was on was Coronation Street. I’d imagine both are pretty cult outside of the UK.

The picture of Craig is also the cover of his compilation - The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club.

This is the album and track list if it garners any links to our other two clues...

View attachment 50239View attachment 50240
As an aside, track 16 is where Trump stole that daft snake speech he did years ago from. Word for word lift. Ruined a Northern Soul banger...

Yeah his most famous role was in Red Dwarf and the biggest show he was on was Coronation Street. I’d imagine both are pretty cult outside of the UK.
I know him from Robot Wars, and more recently for his cheesy DJ work (that narrating voice of his.....).
I'm trying to find a way to connect Robin Williams, drumming/drummer and Robot Wars....
and when I do, the AOTM will be guessed correctly!
(evil laugh)

But it feels slightly too obvious. However, I’ve been meaning to get that record for ages and stream it loads, so this could be a good excuse.

Back