Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

Typically how many records should we curate for further listening? I'm having difficulty on that front tbh
no requirements- min or max. some people have used it as further listening in the same vein, or from the same artist, or as a chance to showcase very different albums they were considering. I know you had some others you were thinking about, you could spotlight those. or genre exploration a la goaty.

or you know- none at all. shine all that light on your one true choice.
giphy.gif

Typically how many records should we curate for further listening? I'm having difficulty on that front tbh

Don't sweat this aspect as much. I think I did a combination of an album or so that were under consideration as well as an artist that influenced Nicole. And I honestly didn't even worry about whether my further listening were available on vinyl. I think one of mine is really expensive on vinyl (Electrelane). So I figured people could just stream it.

You got this, Gap! Stop doubting yourself. I'm looking forward to it. And the BB will be your cheerleaders! (Right @bfly and @girlnevergoesout ??)

Don't sweat this aspect as much. I think I did a combination of an album or so that were under consideration as well as an artist that influenced Nicole. And I honestly didn't even worry about whether my further listening were available on vinyl. I think one of mine is really expensive on vinyl (Electrelane). So I figured people could just stream it.

You got this, Gap! Stop doubting yourself. I'm looking forward to it. And the BB will be your cheerleaders! (Right @bfly and @girlnevergoesout ??)
YES!!!

@gaporter

Gap, I am so excited for your choice. You are a wildcard and I’m sure whatever you prepare will be amazing!!! Do not doubt what uniqueness you are going to bring! ❤️❤️❤️

Yeah it’s your game, you set the rules! I’ll be fun to see what you go for! As @bfly says there are so many ways you can go, or not, with it. I don’t think it’s any surprise at this stage if I reveal that my theme for this month, after I picked the album I did, is going to be an attempt to shine a light on contemporary Irish artists. I’m looking to narrow my list down to 6 great Irish albums across a few genres and from my lifetime that I’d like to shine a light on.

Yeah it’s your game, you set the rules! I’ll be fun to see what you go for! As @bfly says there are so many ways you can go, or not, with it. I don’t think it’s any surprise at this stage if I reveal that my theme for this month, after I picked the album I did, is going to be an attempt to shine a light on contemporary Irish artists. I’m looking to narrow my list down to 6 great Irish albums across a few genres and from my lifetime that I’d like to shine a light on.

Wait is there a hidden clue in there?

YES!!!

@gaporter

Gap, I am so excited for your choice. You are a wildcard and I’m sure whatever you prepare will be amazing!!! Do not doubt what uniqueness you are going to bring! ❤❤❤
I can’t wait for your AOTM @gaporter ! I’m expecting something wildly out there, unique and mysterious! 😇

Back