N&G Secret Santa

It's time for our inaugural N&G Secret Santa!

For those of us that came over from the other place, this is a cherished tradition (h/t to @Vebberim). For those new here are the rules:

• Signup using the link below. The signups will be open until November 22nd.
    • Please include your username, address, discogs profile, and any instructions for your Santa to give you a good gift
    • The price range is $25-$50, which is a couple or records or one fancy record. Please try to adhere to both the upper and lower limits if at all possible. If you get matched with someone you are close with we understand that you may go over, but try to stay within this range to prevent bitterness.
    • If you are not from the U.S. please give a link for a local store that people from the States can use to purchase something to be shipped to you.
  • The weekend of Thanksgiving we will be making Secret Santa matches and sending out the information.
  • Buy your records and send them!
    • Make sure to get them shipped so they arrive before Christmas! USPS recommends December 20th for first class and priority. Give a few extra days if you are doing media mail. You don't want to be like a certain company and ship out Christmas records to arrive after the holiday!
    • If you are matched with someone who is not from your country, purchase records from a store in their country to have it shipped to them. International shipping is expensive and kind of a hassle.
  • Once you ship your package, please send the staff member that DM'd your match a tracking number.
  • When you receive your package take a picture and post it here!
    • Please do this. There is nothing worse than putting a lot of effort into a package only you have your Santee basically ignore it.

Signups: Secret Santa
Suggestion - everyone should enter their local store regardless:
  • international is relative
  • When the overseas contingent gets a domestic here, also helpful
  • Could save on shipping. For Colemine and my shop in Durham there is a pick up option. I know Chaz would gladly let me know there is an order for me to pick up!
  • Support local!!!

• Could save on shipping. For Colemine and my shop in Durham there is a pick up option. I know Chaz would gladly let me know there is an order for me to pick up!
  • Support local!!!
This is a good idea. A lot of stores have a comprehensive online shop. I know my local has pretty much everything ever on their website, and if they don't have it in stock, they'll order it and ship it to the store/your house for you.

• Support local!!!
Many people buy the records personally and ship them themselves with personal touches. That's the thing you can't do internationally.

I agree and I intend to do this as well. Just thinking through all the angles.

I’m 100% with you on local stores wherever possible. We need to support these businesses where at all possible or we will end up loosing them entirely. The death of the high street is one of the more depressing products of modernity.

Last edited:
  • Support local!!!
i mean i WOULD do that but i dont have a local store that doesn't just have some facebook profile and nothing else

• Support local!!!

Really great idea. This is my first online SS of any kind! Pumped!

However, I already submitted the form. Is there anyway to edit mine? Or remove my initial one and add a new one??

Back