N&G Secret Santa - 2020

@Alexander ...your box is gonna be light. I will make it up to you...just may need the new year for an opportunity...

Hello,

I am very sorry, but we have had to refund your Mount Kimbie as part of this order. Our suppliers were listing this in stock, but, as with all parts of the supply chain, they’re under extreme duress, their stock levels were wrong and they will not have it in any time soon.

Huge and sincere apologies for having to let you down here, especially so close to Christmas. I really hope you manage to find a copy.

The good news is the rest of your order is now ready to ship

James

so polite and English.
That's not a problem at all, I'm grateful to be receiving anything! :giggle:

Nobody going to own up for sending me the Wrecking Ball?

Ahhh snap, yes mate! I've been trying to keep an eye on this but haven't been the last few days with the holiday....its weird with the kids getting new toys they actually need MORE attention?

Anywho - so glad you received it before Christmas...theres another package on the way from the middle of the USA...science knows when you'll get it. Fun little treat for you in April I reckon.

I showed up at the post office with a decent stack and shipping was like $70 so i had to go back home and re-package it. Probably shipped three weeks ago or so, whatever that means.
Much appreciated and will let you know when other package arrives. Thank you very much, Wrecking Ball is a lovely album. Emmylou has a lovely relaxing spin to her music.

Play it now.... don't wait too loooo-ooooo-ooo-oong!

(to the tune of NYC-25)
I’m patiently waiting for my new needle to arrive! Curse the L A S T stand of 2020! Broke my darn needle! It’ll give me time to clean this and pop it on a poly lined sleeve. I’ll be popping by my favorite shop to grab sleeves and protectors.

Last edited:
@duke86fan your package has arrived! C351B878-154E-46E8-81FE-F57BDC63F07C.jpeg
This is so funny, because I had dukey last year and this year he got me. Now I can see why he as so fidgety! As you can see, all excellent, potentially life-changing choices, and a very nice letter of explanation to boot. Thanks so much, @duke86fan ! Merry Christmas!

P.S. sorry for the sideways pic; I don't know how to rotate it.

@duke86fan your package has arrived! View attachment 81820
This is so funny, because I had dukey last year and this year he got me. Now I can see why he as so fidgety! As you can see, all excellent, potentially life-changing choices, and a very nice letter of explanation to boot. Thanks so much, @duke86fan ! Merry Christmas!

P.S. sorry for the sideways pic; I don't know how to rotate it.
hope you enjoy (also i dunno if you had me last year because i thought last year it was woob who got me.. maybe i just forgot something).

i thought you'd at least enjoy every record (though with your later comment to ignore your wishlist i kinda wish i went with art blakey or jackie mcleen tone poets instead), and purple mountains was such a shocking omission i just knew you needed it

hope you enjoy (also i dunno if you had me last year because i thought last year it was woob who got me.. maybe i just forgot something).

i thought you'd at least enjoy every record (though with your later comment to ignore your wishlist i kinda wish i went with art blakey or jackie mcleen tone poets instead), and purple mountains was such a shocking omission i just knew you needed it
You did a great job. Perfect choices! Thanks again!

Also, you are right; I did not have you as a Santee last year. I'm not sure why I thought I did... Although, it has been a looooong year! ;)

E36FAF0E-C685-4A01-9F60-00D06CB4BFD5.jpeg

Check out these NEW records I WOKE UP to!

• Stars Of The Lid - Avec Laudenum

• Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

Thank you, Santa!

I've never heard of Stars Of The Lid... so I am super pumped to check this out. I am going into it with a very blank slate, which I love. I will report back when I spin!

I've almost purchased Carrie & Lowell many-a-times so it is a very,very welcome to my thin Sufjan collection!

Thank you so much, I can't wait to enjoy two of your favorite records with you, @wokeupnew ! (If that isn't my Santa, then speak up now!)

<3

Last edited:
I've never heard of Stars Of The Lid... so I am super pumped to check this out. I am going into it with a very blank slate, which I love. I will report back when I spin!
if you like them, try out the ballasted orchestra next as that seems the most connected to the sound on that album. most fans say "the tired sounds of" and "and their refinement of the decline" are their magnum opus, but there is a lot more strings on it than the sound of this album and both are very long at 2 hours each

Well, well, well... what do we have here?!

View attachment 81867

View attachment 81870

Check out these NEW records I WOKE UP to!

• Stars Of The Lid - Avec Laudenum

• Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

Thank you, Santa!

I've almost purchased Carrie & Lowell many-a-times so it is a very,very welcome to my thin Sufjan collection!

Thank you so much, I can't wait to enjoy two of your favorite records with you, @wokeupnew ! (If that isn't my Santa, then speak up now!)

<3
YESSSS!! They got there! Merry Christmas! 🎅

I was very surprised that you didn't have Carrie & Lowell which was a glaring hole in your collection. You have A LOT in your collection so I felt like I had a lot of options on what to get you. Stars of the Lid are, based on your musical listening, very different. Go in with an open mind and patience.
if you like them, try out the ballasted orchestra next as that seems the most connected to the sound on that album. most fans say "the tired sounds of" and "and their refinement of the decline" are their magnum opus, but there is a lot more strings on it than the sound of this album and both are very long at 2 hours each
Ballasted Orchestra is the most similar but I wouldn't listen to that one next. I'm still not a huge fan of that one, personally, outside of the last 3 tracks. I was going to gift "and their Refinement of the Decline" but my local had it for $40 and I didn't really want to give only one album (well technically 3LPs) with that price point. I'd recommend that one next because it's the most accessible sounding. Much more prominent melodies and keeps moving throughout fairly well for being 2 hours~ long.

Back