N&G Secret Santa - 2020

I got my second Secret Santa package from @Ghost a week after the first.

In the letter that came with the first, Ghost said the second record was in my wantlist, one of his favorite records of all time, and perfect for winter evenings.

That Christmas evening I got to appreciate the first package, I checked Ghost's Discogs collection and concluded there was only one record in my wantlist and Ghost's collection that I thought felt had a winter evening vibe: Pink Moon by Nick Drake. So I was delighted to see it in the mail yesterday.

Thanks again!

IMG_20210105_084545_3.jpg

I got my second Secret Santa package from @Ghost a week after the first.

In the letter that came with the first, Ghost said the second record was in my wantlist, one of his favorite records of all time, and perfect for winter evenings.

That Christmas evening I got to appreciate the first package, I checked Ghost's Discogs collection and concluded there was only one record in my wantlist and Ghost's collection that I thought felt had a winter evening vibe: Pink Moon by Nick Drake. So I was delighted to see it in the mail yesterday.

Thanks again!

View attachment 82586
Going to throw this on the table today to celebrate it’s safe arrival! Happy new year my friend!

I thought I was done but maybe there’s more 😱 seriously impressed by the wrapped package, I’ll open this one in a bit!

View attachment 82625
Oh shit!!

B39E0344-02FF-4821-9DA3-CEBB0F06EC35.jpeg

this is so cool thank you @gaporter

EF17366E-3595-4F29-8552-825526214411.jpeg

I had never heard Laura Stevenson before but I’ve heard of her plenty. Spinning this one first and it’s really good!!

the Jonathan Richman album is also colored along with the LS record 👌

—————

Another package came from 4AD

“I must have preordered something from them”

but wait there’s more!!

ED2B5324-7100-43CB-ACA1-3F7315F2AF73.jpeg

thank you so much 🙏 I’ve never heard this album. I have listened to their album from last year (or this year? I can’t remember) it’s pretty good. Excited to give this one a listen 😍

A+ Secret Santa would recommended!

Oh shit!!

View attachment 82634

this is so cool thank you @gaporter

View attachment 82633

I had never heard Laura Stevenson before but I’ve heard of her plenty. Spinning this one first and it’s really good!!

the Jonathan Richman album is also colored along with the LS record 👌

—————

Another package came from 4AD

“I must have preordered something from them”

but wait there’s more!!

View attachment 82635

thank you so much 🙏 I’ve never heard this album. I have listened to their album from last year (or this year? I can’t remember) it’s pretty good. Excited to give this one a listen 😍

A+ Secret Santa would recommended!
WOO I am so happy everything finally arrived 🙏 I've been stressing about it since I sent them out so it's good to see everything made it in one piece! Apologies it didn't quite make it there by Christmas but once USPS got a hold of it all I could really do is sit there and watch it sit at the same facility for weeks on end lol. But hey better late than never 💙

I hope you enjoy Laura Stevenson - that was a bit of serendipity in that I was planning to order it as one of your gifts already and when I went to order it from her Bandcamp, I saw they had put up the last remaining copies of the swirl they'd found for sale! That got me hyped because it's one of my favorite color variants I own and so to be able to get that specific pressing for you was too good an opportunity to pass up. Caribou and US Girls were me taking a stab in the dark at what you might like, I later realized after ordering both of their respective albums from 2020 were on your year-end list so that made me a feel a bit better in my choices haha. And when I saw the Richman had recently been reissued, I felt it'd be a nice thing to send your way, I wanted at least one thing on your wantlist to be included so hopefully my choice in that department was a good one!

Anyways - my rambling aside - I hope this brought you some belated holiday cheer and hopefully these records continue to bring cheer in the years to come!! Secret Santa was certainly a bit chaotic this year but the good feels are all worth it in the end ~~~
giphy - 2021-01-05T175129.281.gif

WOO I am so happy everything finally arrived 🙏 I've been stressing about it since I sent them out so it's good to see everything made it in one piece! Apologies it didn't quite make it there by Christmas but once USPS got a hold of it all I could really do is sit there and watch it sit at the same facility for weeks on end lol. But hey better late than never 💙

I hope you enjoy Laura Stevenson - that was a bit of serendipity in that I was planning to order it as one of your gifts already and when I went to order it from her Bandcamp, I saw they had put up the last remaining copies of the swirl they'd found for sale! That got me hyped because it's one of my favorite color variants I own and so to be able to get that specific pressing for you was too good an opportunity to pass up. Caribou and US Girls were me taking a stab in the dark at what you might like, I later realized after ordering both of their respective albums from 2020 were on your year-end list so that made me a feel a bit better in my choices haha. And when I saw the Richman had recently been reissued, I felt it'd be a nice thing to send your way, I wanted at least one thing on your wantlist to be included so hopefully my choice in that department was a good one!

Anyways - my rambling aside - I hope this brought you some belated holiday cheer and hopefully these records continue to bring cheer in the years to come!! Secret Santa was certainly a bit chaotic this year but the good feels are all worth it in the end ~~~
View attachment 82637
That was completely unexpected when I opened it from the sleeve which was awesome 😎

@cbl you nailed it! Thoroughly thrilled with this. Thank you so much!! Dreamy times ahead, indeed 😘

View attachment 82749

I always try and gift the albums from people's lists that I really want to listen to as well...this Olafur is so beautiful...been treating me really well.

still bummed about the Mount Kimbie...but keep an eye out this month for a follow-up package.

@rightasra1n hey bud...the last portion of your gift just arrived overseas...I’m sending out to ya tomorrow :)

How’s that black flower btw?
I'm so excited to see what this is!
Black Flower is so great! I'm already putting my friends onto it, and I'll be exploring the rest of their catalog soon! Have you explored their other albums? Where do I go next?

I'm so excited to see what this is!
Black Flower is so great! I'm already putting my friends onto it, and I'll be exploring the rest of their catalog soon! Have you explored their other albums? Where do I go next?
I have them all actually (well the 10” intermediate state is on its way) and really have a hard time choosing between them all...ghost radio is pretty good and so is Abyssinia afterlife, but artifacts is a banger too

look on Bandcamp to see what you can find in terms of availability...some are getting hard to find unless on cogs

I found some a seller on cogs who had 2 of them which saved some money :)

I have them all actually (well the 10” intermediate state is on its way) and really have a hard time choosing between them all...ghost radio is pretty good and so is Abyssinia afterlife, but artifacts is a banger too

look on Bandcamp to see what you can find in terms of availability...some are getting hard to find unless on cogs

I found some a seller on cogs who had 2 of them which saved some money :)
Sounds like I should start at the beginning lol. Was there a particular reason you chose Future Flora over the others?

It's my duty as Santa and my pleasure as @panino!
I'm glad it finally arrived, since it sat in the limbo of the FedEx depot in California for the whole month of December!
Now you can wear the T-shirt while dancing to the sound of Tone-Loc's Funky Cold Medina (or more maturely absorbing the lyrics of the great Gil Scott Heron)!
Enjoy!

Back