N&G Secret Santa - 2020

Fidgeting because I'm scared I was given the wrong address because their was a delivery issue

The tracking said they had no access to the delivery location

Last edited:
Should I be nervous about "No Access to Delivery Location"

I'm scared it will be sent back to me and the santee won't get their gift

Well Well Well.......

To say I am filled with the Holiday Spirit is an understatement. Well before my first cup of coffee this morning, I got a notification from my phone, to my new smartwatch, that a package was waiting for me. I got up, brewed some coffee, and got prepared to open the package that was on my porch. My goodness Santa I have never received a vinyl related parcel this large in ever. So I knew what was inside was going to be special.

With the cheer that has already been given here I wanted to share my own. Let me say that this is honestly one of the best gifts I've ever received. What I found when I opened my package I felt was like a carefully curated box of amazement catered to who I am as a music fan. I can't put into words how thankful I am for this!

Everything in the box overview:

IMG_1146.jpg

If Music Is Art This Is Next Level:

With some caffeine down and the morning beginning
I opened my package to see what was within it
And what do my wandering eyes to appear
But HE HIMSELF the Grinch smiling up at me!

Truth be told I like Phil Collins and I am not sure if this was an extra non playable record to be added or just something fun, but this is one of the best things I have ever received.

IMG_1150.jpg

Something New From A Local & A First!

When I read your description of Abby Jeanne I was instantly hooked. I have yet to crack open any of these as I was still celebrating most of the day. I will grab for this one quickly after I finish my epic cleaning session of everything I got including this. (Will post a big photo of everything at a later time.

IMG_1151.jpg

The little goodies including the sticker, the confetti, and the matches are great, but the 7" I am so happy. I have been eventually wanting a tri-colored record and now I have one. I LOVE Christmas music and now having a 7" of two new songs I have not heard of! I call that a WIN!

IMG_1152.jpg

Finally A Favorite Comes Home

I am shocked I did not have this in the collection sooner. I was starting my hunt and then life happened. It's been outta my grasp for a long long while up until now! I am so glad to add this now. Easily Top 10 Album for me. So many of the themes rang for me in the past few years. A banger from start to finish and I was content with just having the live album, but now a wrong has been righted with this!

IMG_1153.jpg

A Santa's Favorite Gifted To Me:

This site has brought me so many new artists to listen to and even then there's still much to discover. I was intrigued from the get go, but from a quick search I read "Australian" Honestly my favorite band is from Australlia so usually anything to come out of there to me is wonderful. So very excited to check this out!

IMG_1154.jpg

A HUGE Thank You:

Santa I write this as I am in the midst of a Mando Rewatch. I am going to be having a HUGE cleaning session tomorrow. I am so very very excited to check these out! Thank you for one of the best packages I have ever received. A Merry Christmas to you and to everyone on the site!

Well Well Well.......

To say I am filled with the Holiday Spirit is an understatement. Well before my first cup of coffee this morning, I got a notification from my phone, to my new smartwatch, that a package was waiting for me. I got up, brewed some coffee, and got prepared to open the package that was on my porch. My goodness Santa I have never received a vinyl related parcel this large in ever. So I knew what was inside was going to be special.

With the cheer that has already been given here I wanted to share my own. Let me say that this is honestly one of the best gifts I've ever received. What I found when I opened my package I felt was like a carefully curated box of amazement catered to who I am as a music fan. I can't put into words how thankful I am for this!

View attachment 81599

Truth be told I like Phil Collins and I am not sure if this was an extra non playable record to be added or just something fun, but this is one of the best things I have ever received.

View attachment 81605

When I read your description of Abby Jeanne I was instantly hooked. I have yet to crack open any of these as I was still celebrating most of the day. I will grab for this one quickly after I finish my epic cleaning session of everything I got including this. (Will post a big photo of everything at a later time.

View attachment 81607

The little goodies including the sticker, the confetti, and the matches are great, but the 7" I am so happy. I have been eventually wanting a tri-colored record and now I have one. I LOVE Christmas music and now having a 7" of two new songs I have not heard of! I call that a WIN!

View attachment 81608

I am shocked I did not have this in the collection sooner. I was starting my hunt and then life happened. It's been outta my grasp for a long long while up until now! I am so glad to add this now. Easily Top 10 Album for me. So many of the themes rang for me in the past few years. A banger from start to finish and I was content with just having the live album, but now a wrong has been righted with this!

View attachment 81610

This site has brought me so many new artists to listen to and even then there's still much to discover. I was intrigued from the get go, but from a quick search I read "Australian" Honestly my favorite band is from Australlia so usually anything to come out of there to me is wonderful. So very excited to check this out!

View attachment 81611

A HUGE Thank You:

Santa I write this as I am in the midst of a Mando Rewatch. I am going to be having a HUGE cleaning session tomorrow. I am so very very excited to check these out! Thank you for one of the best packages I have ever received. A Merry Christmas to you and to everyone on the site!
wow thats an absolutely fantastic gift, hope you enjoy them all because that looks like a lot of great fun

it took me a minute to get around to sharing the gift from Secret Santa this year, but seeing as how I was a puddle upon opening, it's prob best I took a few days 😄

IMG_4300.jpg

this package felt like a love letter to hometown scenes (Santa's) and the music industry, both things that are kinda the core of my being.

- cool art cards
- Prince - Purple Rain

(you were worried that I either owned this and didn't have it catalogued, or worse, didn't like Prince! but I'm glad you went with your gut because 1) I fucking love Prince and 2) any "classics" I owned got lifted years ago and I never brought myself to to pick them up again. this was needed, and I'm glad you included the tidbit about him supporting the local live talent.)
- Chastity Brown - Silhouette of Sirens
(a newer voice from Minneapolis who I do not know! I'm so glad you shown a spotlight on a local favorite with the bonus roo connection. I'm going to share the YouTube link of the new song you mentioned for everyone else to spend time with: Chastity Brown - Golden)
- First Avenue tee
(a perfectly purple shirt from an iconic venue. not only is it just plain cool, Santa mentioned their NIVA work and knows the importance of supporting these cultural homes. I'm honored to rock some merch from this legendary institution.)

this year, my Santa is @AndySlash. I feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful soul and someone I consider a friend from yonder curating this gift for me. his letter and his selections were unneeded proof of the thoughtful person he is, and although he doesn't care for this kinda recognition- I just want y'all to know I think we are lucky to have hearts like his in our forum community.

happy holidays, and I hope to see ya on the farm sooner than later 🖤

Last edited:
it took me a minute to get around to sharing the gift from Secret Santa this year, but seeing as how I was a puddle upon opening, it's prob best I took a few days 😄

View attachment 81628

this package felt like a love letter to hometown scenes (Santa's) and the music industry, both things that are kinda the core of my being.

- cool art cards
- Prince - Purple Rain

(you were worried that I either owned this and didn't have it catalogued, or worse, didn't like Prince! but I'm glad you went with your gut because 1) I fucking love Prince and 2) any "classics" I owned got lifted years ago and I never brought myself to to pick them up again. this was needed, and I'm glad you included the tidbit about him supporting the local live talent.)
- Chastity Brown - Silhouette of Sirens
(a newer voice from Minneapolis who I do not know! I'm so glad you shown a spotlight on a local favorite with the bonus roo connection. I'm going to share the YouTube link of the new song you mentioned for everyone else to spend time with: Chastity Brown - Golden)
- First Avenue tee
(a perfectly purple shirt from an iconic venue. not only is it just plain cool, Santa mentioned their NIVA work and knows the importance of supporting these cultural homes. I'm honored to rock some merch from this legendary institution.)

this year, my Santa is @AndySlash. I feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful soul and someone I consider a friend from yonder curating this gift for me. his letter and his selections were unneeded proof of the thoughtful person he is, and although he doesn't care for this kinda recognition- I just want y'all to know I think we are lucky to have hearts like his in our forum community.

happy holidays, and I hope to see ya on the farm sooner than later 🖤
purple rain is either the best prince album or the 2nd best prince album

Well Well Well.......

View attachment 81599

View attachment 81605

View attachment 81607

View attachment 81608

View attachment 81610

View attachment 81611

A HUGE Thank You:

Merry Christmas, my friend! Glad it finally made it!

That Phil Collins should be playable. You're now 1 of maybe 5 or 6 around here that has some sort of decorated Phil record.

You should have the 1 bonus record coming to you as well. Some clues for that is that I picked one off of my top 50 albums from the N&G top albums thread if you can find my list. It's one that may be new to you, and should shake up your collection a bit.

The B side to the Abby Jeane Christmas record is just the same song but in French, so do what you will with that. It's a fun little Xmas tune written by the lovely people at the Hifi Cafe. It's a cafe about 5 blocks from me. All the workers are local musicians, and the owner runs a small record label upstairs. The cover of the Abby Jeane record was taken in front of the neon sign behind the counter.

I added the confetti in the box because it's from the Folklore package that you were very vocal about waiting for, so thought it'd be a funny little touch.

Merry Christmas, my friend! Glad it finally made it!

That Phil Collins should be playable. You're now 1 of maybe 5 or 6 around here that has some sort of decorated Phil record.

You should have the 1 bonus record coming to you as well. Some clues for that is that I picked one off of my top 50 albums from the N&G top albums thread if you can find my list. It's one that may be new to you, and should shake up your collection a bit.

The B side to the Abby Jeane Christmas record is just the same song but in French, so do what you will with that. It's a fun little Xmas tune written by the lovely people at the Hifi Cafe. It's a cafe about 5 blocks from me. All the workers are local musicians, and the owner runs a small record label upstairs. The cover of the Abby Jeane record was taken in front of the neon sign behind the counter.

I added the confetti in the box because it's from the Folklore package that you were very vocal about waiting for, so thought it'd be a funny little touch.
I loved everything about that package. Wouldn’t you know just after I finished my cleaning session my need broke XD guess the mail delays are helping because I can’t listen at the moment. Still in good cheer though! Thank you again so much that whole package was wonderful!

Secret Santa arrived today :) , and I was just able to open the package after being out all day:

132655621_225408025869022_8637156379066588070_n.jpg

Thank you for all the super fun LP's!

I've never listened to the Love Light Orchestra, but I do love the Memphis blues, so this should be great to dive into!

The Ravonettes is another band I know I should have been listening to, but never got around to - no better time than now!

The Holiday Sounds of Josh Rouse is a favorite of mine! The only one I do own - but since you've been so generous with all the LP's, I'll share the love of this vinyl on the Pay It Forward thread :)

And finally the DC album is sweet! I'm a sucker for 60's/70's/80's era super-hero themes, so this is a perfect selection and will get lots of spins by me :)

Thanks again for your thoughtfulness Santa, especially since I didn't give you much to go on at all! :)

@Alexander ...your box is gonna be light. I will make it up to you...just may need the new year for an opportunity...

Hello,

I am very sorry, but we have had to refund your Mount Kimbie as part of this order. Our suppliers were listing this in stock, but, as with all parts of the supply chain, they’re under extreme duress, their stock levels were wrong and they will not have it in any time soon.

Huge and sincere apologies for having to let you down here, especially so close to Christmas. I really hope you manage to find a copy.

The good news is the rest of your order is now ready to ship

James

so polite and English.

Back