N&G AOTM Year 3: General Thread & Archive

What are popular online record stores people shop at, both in US and abroad? I'm talking about your Rough Trades and your Junos... I'm wondering if I amass enough outlets that still have it in stock, I go forward with it.

Edit: Feeling a bit more optimistic about this. I've found at least six big-ish retailers that have it listed in stock. Obviously, the more the merrier, especially if you have international suggestions.

Last edited:
What are popular online record stores people shop at, both in US and abroad? I'm talking about your Rough Trades and your Junos... I'm wondering if I amass enough outlets that still have it in stock, I go forward with it.

Edit: Feeling a bit more optimistic about this. I've found at least six big-ish retailers that have it listed in stock. Obviously, the more the merrier, especially if you have international suggestions.
Plaid room, amoeba, Bullmoose (although some have issue with them now), zia

For Europe outside the U.K., because brexit has totally fucked up that avenue for other europeans sadly, you’re looking at jpc, the various national dodax sites, fnac, hhv and of course the various national variants of the shitty rainforest book trading co as a last resort.

Last edited:
and I know a few of us are fine sourcing first or secondhand on discogs if that helps cushion. Ebay, too. MusicStack.

• Rough Trade NYC (US)
  • Bull Moose (US)
  • dodax (EU)
  • hhv (Germany)
  • Experience Records (US, formerly Reverb)
  • Dusty Groove (US)
  • Funky Moose (CA)
  • srcVinyl (CA)
  • Turntable Lab (US)
  • Banquet Records (UK)
  • Boomkat (UK)
  • JPC (EU)
  • Waterloo Recrods (US)
  • PlanetMusic33 (US)
  • Tower Records (US)
  • Amoeba Music (US)
  • diversevinyl (UK)
  • Juno (CA)
  • Phonica (UK)
  • Discos Paradiso (Spain)
  • Boo Boo Records (US)
  • vinyl-digital.com (EU)
  • djshop (Germany, UK)

Are you trying to hypnotise me @sneaky gap?

I would never... 👀

I would
anime-gif-anime-gif-Hypnosis-fail-1489045.gif

Febtober 😉 @NewsFedora is up next month, then it's your time to shine 🔥
I plan to make my thread on Saturday after a final check around of different online retailers to make sure it's still easily available. Afterwards I'll be dropping hints once a day until I run out. I was originally planning on doing clues every other day so it'd stretch out to the end of the month but I feel a bit of self-inflicted FOMO with this. 😓

I plan to make my thread on Saturday after a final check around of different online retailers to make sure it's still easily available. Afterwards I'll be dropping hints once a day until I run out. I was originally planning on doing clues every other day so it'd stretch out to the end of the month but I feel a bit of self-inflicted FOMO with this. 😓

Cover_rgb_1000_2000x.jpg

Former AoTM hosts.
Anyone else ever get anxiety over this? Like, "are my clues too easy," "will people like this," etc.
I legitimately had a nightmare last night that my album was guessed on its first clue!

I've never hosted, nor even put my name in the hat yet, and I get similar anxiety when thinking about doing so, for sure.

Back