Music News / Reviews

Im sure this has been discussed somewhere else already, but the new Kishi Bashi album......damnnnnnn its good stuff.

I spun it again last night and its such a fantastic album. As the album progresses it seems to get better and better. I find myself saying 'Angeline' is my favorite track. Oh wait 'Summer of 42' is actually my favorite. Oh no wait its 'Violin Tsunami'! So good.

Very cool video for the new single from Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison's upcoming duets album. Particularly of interest for any Houstonians out there.

Last edited:
I haven't been in this thread before, so I hope this link "fitz." Less of a review and more of a tribute, I did a quick write up on the death of an artist that made an impression on me over the years, while touching on why and how. A few days ago, Mikey Dees of Olympia hardcore trio, Fitz Of Depression passed away. I saw a clip on instagram where Bikini Kill did a song in tribute to him at their show that night. For those unaware of them, they used to perform with Bikini Kill and Nirvana back in the day. For various reasons, they just never gained the same widespread attention as some of their friends did.

Another new interview with Frank Ocean

He gets interviewed by a bunch of different people, including artists like Arca and Matt Ox.

Yes, someone asked him if he was putting Channel Orange on vinyl.
His answer is the same as when the last person asked him this (about a year ago.)
"Soon."

tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

Im sure this has been discussed somewhere else already, but the new Kishi Bashi album......damnnnnnn its good stuff.

I spun it again last night and its such a fantastic album. As the album progresses it seems to get better and better. I find myself saying 'Angeline' is my favorite track. Oh wait 'Summer of 42' is actually my favorite. Oh no wait its 'Violin Tsunami'! So good.

… and 'Song for You', and 'Theme from Jerome', and …

Yes, this album is excellent, I couldn't agree more.

Just this morning Kishi Bashi announced the expansion of his tour into the Fall. If you live near one of these cities, you ought to see him and his band perform, they are amazing.

… and 'Song for You', and 'Theme from Jerome', and …

Yes, this album is excellent, I couldn't agree more.

Just this morning Kishi Bashi announced the expansion of his tour into the Fall. If you live near one of these cities, you ought to see him and his band perform, they are amazing.

Thank you for the heads up. My wife was so disappointed his upcoming show is sold out, I know surprise tickets would make her year.

Holy shit. It boggles my mind that they would not have masters in fire proof cabinets.
It’s horrifying how much good music is probably lost forever due to reckless handling and storage. Hopefully there are plenty of safety copies of the important works but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a shame.

Nirvana's In Utero received reissue treatment in 2012.
R.E.M. is reissuing Monster this fall.
And Coltrane has had MULTIPLE reissues in the last 11 years, let alone the Both Directions At Once unearthed album last year.

Are safety copies being used? Where are they kept? Are those what have been mined for repressing/reissuing in the last 11 years?

Back