Music News / Reviews

Nirvana's In Utero received reissue treatment in 2012.
R.E.M. is reissuing Monster this fall.
And Coltrane has had MULTIPLE reissues in the last 11 years, let alone the Both Directions At Once unearthed album last year.

Are safety copies being used? Where are they kept? Are those what have been mined for repressing/reissuing in the last 11 years?
I’m assuming a lot of the big titles have been digitized for a long while. Not sure what is being used for AAA cuts or new digital cuts from the master tape for many of these albums.

Stef Chura - Midnight is up on NPR First Listen!

I've been excited for this release, and the first listen through did not disappoint.
I just listened to this on my commute this morning - liked it very much the first time through. If you're into Car Seat Headrest, it might interest you to know that Will Toledo produced this record (and it looks like played the majority of the backing instruments), which is very apparent - I actually didn't know it before I listened, and within the first track my opinion went from "ah, this sounds like Car Seat Headrest, very cool that they're influential now" to "Will Toledo should sue somebody". Anyway, I'm about to dive right back into it for round 2 but two thumbs up so far.

I have news. Kishi Bashi expanded his tour beyond all the sold out summer shows into the Fall, including more US dates, then Europe.

If you like experiencing the feeling of pure joy conveyed through witnessing incredible musicianship - especially as pertains to the violin and banjo (no offense to other band members) - then you owe it to yourself to see Kishi Bashi perform live.

I have news. Kishi Bashi expanded his tour beyond all the sold out summer shows into the Fall, including more US dates, then Europe.

If you like experiencing the feeling of pure joy conveyed through witnessing incredible musicianship - especially as pertains to the violin and banjo (no offense to other band members) - then you owe it to yourself to see Kishi Bashi perform live.

I have seen an awful lot of great acts live the past few years and as great as Punch Brothers, Lake Street Dive and Durand Jones are Live and as awesome as the spectacle of the Janelle Monae and Anderson .Paak shows were, I think Kishi is still the best show I’ve been to in the decade. I hope tickets for the Cradle last until I have some spending Cash in a week.

Last edited:
Moody new tune from Will Johnson. Always dug his work with Centro-Matic, and his recent solo work has been excellent.

Sorry if this has already been posted but I think we liked the old one so here we go.

For sharing music related news and reviews from around the internets.

To start, Joy Division reissue?
Welp I offhandedly mentioned this to the hubs and I guess we’re getting a 4th vinyl version of this album, lol

Music News: This is a few days old so not sure if it’s been discussed around here, but the Times story on the UMG vault fire is pretty good.

/Reviews: My copy of the new Titus Andronicus got here a few days early and it rocks. That is all.

New Hold Steady album out in August! I haven't been keen on their last two releases, but Franz Nicolay is back in the fray so color me intrigued.

Anybody remember Noel Wells from her time on SNL? Looks like she has an album coming out. I didn't know what to expect when I pushed play, but I enjoyed this first single quite a bit.

Back