Music News / Reviews

This new tennis song might be my favourite thing they’ve ever written and I was a fan of their last album. She’s doing totally different stuff with her voice this time around and it’s really working

I don't know what it is... Might be a bad mix... But I can barely make out anything she's singing in this song.

Hot Damn!

Hot Damn!

Butt.

I like the release strategy for this reason; I'll spend Feb-May streaming part 1, then wait 'til I have the physical media in hand to hear part 2.
I’m usually strong, but it will be agony to know it is out there for three months without listening to it.

Either this is going to be very big and relevant, or it's going to be a massive snafu. Staying tuned.

So, they're going to give an award for something that one can simply search for on the internet? "Most played pop album on Spotify in 2019" "Most streamed artist in 2019". There is zero surprise factor in this, nothing subjective about this. It's fact driven. How very odd.

I also could be completely missing the point. It happens.

So, they're going to give an award for something that one can simply search for on the internet? "Most played pop album on Spotify in 2019" "Most streamed artist in 2019". There is zero surprise factor in this, nothing subjective about this. It's fact driven. How very odd.

I also could be completely missing the point. It happens.
I don't think they've announced categories, but hopefully it'll be a bit more imaginative and judgement-based than pure numbers. I mean, there are tracks on Spotify which have soaring numbers, simply because they're put on corporate-friendly playlists to pump out in restaurants and stores.

I just hope they seize the potential to award lesser-known artists and groups and break the pop narrative; I like Lizzo and Billie Eilish a lot, but it's not a surprise to see them at the top of the Grammy heap.

Don;t know if there's any Animal Collective fans here, but a couple weeks ago Avey & Deakin came down to do retrospective for the 10 Year Anniversary of Music Box village (most amazing venue in the world, and one where AC put on a one off, one of a kind performance. Luckily that footage was recorded and there have been rumors of an album featuring those tracks. But what this whole post is about is the other night they recorded quite a few tracks from the initial performance, and I gotta say they sound fantastic considering only 2 of the 4 members are there.

Don;t know if there's any Animal Collective fans here, but a couple weeks ago Avey & Deakin came down to do retrospective for the 10 Year Anniversary of Music Box village (most amazing venue in the world, and one where AC put on a one off, one of a kind performance. Luckily that footage was recorded and there have been rumors of an album featuring those tracks. But what this whole post is about is the other night they recorded quite a few tracks from the initial performance, and I gotta say they sound fantastic considering only 2 of the 4 members are there.

Big Fan! I'm not sure how i found out about them, but in 2012 i found the Tomboy 4LP Boxset and have been gathering as much as i can since them. Just listened to your post while formulating spreadsheets for a production meeting. Most fun ive had doing spreadhseets in a while!

I have not stopped listening to the Miss Anthroposcene leak all week. It's the perfect marriage of Art Angels and Visions. Today she released my favorite song off the album:

Back