Music News / Reviews

The infamous Floral Shoppe scandal finally has an update after over two years.

The remaining "official" copies are being sold here

This is wild. Kind of nice to see an end to the story. I picked up a pink pressing forever ago via turntable lab. I don’t remember if it came with a download card or not.

Reactions: oak
First single from Cruiserweight frontwoman Stella's new group Stella and the Very Messed sounds very much like Cruiserweight. Go figure. Actually, I'm liking this song quite a bit.

Been listening to this one all week. Stella used to front local heroes Cruiserweight in the late 90's/00's, but she has been relatively quite since that band called it quits 10 years or so ago. Her vocals sound stronger than ever, and her songwriting has really grown too. More nuance sonically than her old band too. This is a really nice collection of indie pop/rock tunes.

Just saw this on the news, this really sucks. I'm going to rewatch Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage this weekend. If you like music docs I really recommend checking it out, it's really well done. Covers pretty much their whole history, includes old footage, and they do a lot of interviews with current bands and musicians who were influenced by them. It's pretty cool listening to Vinnie Paul from Pantera talk about how much he loves Neil Peart.

I don't know if this was shared here before, but Stereogum was purchased a while back by Billboard. Recently, their founder decided to buy them back 🎉🎉🎉

They're the only music website I get most of my music news from since Pitchfork has gone to shit. This is exciting as they've regained their independence.

Back