Music News / Reviews

Alrighty everyone, really digging this one. Saw her open for Punch Brothers last year, just her and guitar. Last month she was in Andrew Bird’s band and sings on My Finest Work Yet. This is an awesome debut from a very talented singer songwriter. It’s like a laid back version of Margaret Glasper. I especially would like to her @Teeeee and @Twentytwo ‘s thoughts on this, but feel free to chime in if you give it a listen. (Also, it came out on Verve Forecast and has a very nice pressing available):

I'm giving this my first listen. This is quite good! She is a modern day Joni Mitchell/Ricky Lee Jones. I'm slightly hung over from the 2 beers I had yesterday (getting old is so fun) so a more intelligent review is escaping me. But great stuff - others should check this out!

I reviewed the shit out of the first ever THING festival that took place this month. If you have the stomach for a 2 part account of every thing we experienced with a bunch of left field bullshit mixed in, have I got the link for you

I get that 22, a million was divisive, but it and i,i sound like future heaven music to me and I adore them. I’m fairly certain i,i is gonna land in my top five for the year. Hell if Kishi hadn’t released a fucking masterwork once in a lifetime record, I’m certain it would be number one.

Also that new Raphael Saadiq is also a career high point, brilliant masterpiece. What a fantastic year for Music!

Ok so here’s my shirt and sweet review of The Minecraft Alpha Vinyl by C418. This one gets a 9 out of 10 from me, and i’ll Explain why it got a 9 instead of a 10 at the end of my review.
Anyway what can I say except that if you played Minecraft one of the standouts of the game is the dreamy and relaxing soundtrack by C418. I can’t say enough that if you have played as much Minecraft as I have these songs will remind you just where in the game you heard them and ultimately that’s the mark of a great soundtrack. Ghostly records did an awesome job mastering this record as it is crystal clear and you can hear every instrument from the piano, hi hats, electronic parts don’t overtake the piano I mean it sound perfect on all fronts.

Now to why this got a 9 instead of a 10. As I was putting clear green colored vinyl on the Turntable and the light hit it, I noticed fine scratches on the record and I don’t mean just a few. It was enough that I was worried it would adversely affect how it would sound. Now I understand things happen in production but that many scratches just shouldn’t happen. I would return it but one it’s sold out and two it didn’t affect the sound too much. Bottom line however is C418 did an amazing job on the Minecraft soundtrack and it easily stands out on its own as great music even if you never played the game.

Ok so here’s my shirt and sweet review of The Minecraft Alpha Vinyl by C418. This one gets a 9 out of 10 from me, and i’ll Explain why it got a 9 instead of a 10 at the end of my review.
Anyway what can I say except that if you played Minecraft one of the standouts of the game is the dreamy and relaxing soundtrack by C418. I can’t say enough that if you have played as much Minecraft as I have these songs will remind you just where in the game you heard them and ultimately that’s the mark of a great soundtrack. Ghostly records did an awesome job mastering this record as it is crystal clear and you can hear every instrument from the piano, hi hats, electronic parts don’t overtake the piano I mean it sound perfect on all fronts.

Now to why this got a 9 instead of a 10. As I was putting clear green colored vinyl on the Turntable and the light hit it, I noticed fine scratches on the record and I don’t mean just a few. It was enough that I was worried it would adversely affect how it would sound. Now I understand things happen in production but that many scratches just shouldn’t happen. I would return it but one it’s sold out and two it didn’t affect the sound too much. Bottom line however is C418 did an amazing job on the Minecraft soundtrack and it easily stands out on its own as great music even if you never played the game.
There's a Minecraft vinyl!? Well I'll be damned!

A very unknown band from one of my very favorite small labels just released an AMAZING song. Such lovely harmonies in this.

Supergrass will be playing shows in 2020, including 2 stops here in the states. Congrats New York and L.A. They're also putting out a career spanning box. This cover of The Police's 'Next To You' will be included on said box set. Fun cover.

Back