Music News / Reviews

Had a little fun putting together a GIF review of Bon Iver i,i, lovely album all around

giphy.gif

1. "Yi"
giphy.gif

2. "iMi"
giphy.gif

3. "We"
giphy.gif

4. "Holyfields,"
giphy.gif

5. "Hey, Ma"
giphy.gif

6. "U (Man Like)"
giphy.gif

7. "Naeem"
giphy.gif

8. "Jelmore"
giphy.gif

9. "Faith"
giphy.gif

10. "Marion"
giphy.gif

11. "Salem"
giphy.gif

12. "Sh'Diah"
giphy.gif

13. "RABi"
giphy.gif
Love what you did here, great work, so on point!

Usually new Bon Iver music takes time for me to appreciate, and many tracks on here will certainly be that way. But "Naeem" and "Salem" just smote me. I am dust.

Damn, I got a mysterious 7" in the mail today. The return address was my address. The label has no image, no text. The run out says Oct1119-A and OCT1119-B. That's it for info. It's two Big Thief songs! The are both excellent, and the side B song is a little better than excellent, more like superb. What an awesome thing to happen.

After internetting looks like people who preordered U.F.O.F. were sent these, and these are two singles from a forthcoming Oct 11th album.

Damn, I got a mysterious 7" in the mail today. The return address was my address. The label has no image, no text. The run out says Oct1119-A and OCT1119-B. That's it for info. It's two Big Thief songs! The are both excellent, and the side B song is a little better than excellent, more like superb. What an awesome thing to happen.

After internetting looks like people who preordered U.F.O.F. were sent these, and these are two singles from a forthcoming Oct 11th album.
You are late to the party.

You are late to the party.
Not surprising, I check the forum in fits and spurts. When I searched the forum I did see then see a lot of chatter about the new album leaked from some Australian website this AM but I didn't see much about this 7". Have people identified the songs on this single? Is there another thread with more info on this? I figured info might be here.

I posted it to my profile and then that got quoted elsewhere. The discogs page links yt vids of the songs and I don’t think they have titles. Maybe they show up on the upcoming album in October?

Did you or anyone else with these 7” get their UFOF from VMP?

I feel like I haven't heard anyone say anything about the new Marika Hackman album Any Human Friend. It's really damn good.
Both of these sentences are spot on. I spun this last night, and was incredibly impressed with the whole album and can't wait to listen again tonight. I preordered based on how much I enjoyed her last one, and on the strength of the first single "i'm not where you are," which has been an earworm I've found myself humming for a few months now. But the real treat is that the rest of the album is super impressive, it's much more experimental, musically, than I expected.

I feel like I haven't heard anyone say anything about the new Marika Hackman album Any Human Friend. It's really damn good.
I listened to this last night. I was stuck in surprise traffic and had to pee really bad so it wasn't the best experience. The final, title track struck me as being great but the traffic broke about then, too. I will give it another listen for sure.

This is not the first time you've said this. Lol. May I suggest a bathroom trip before you get in your car? ;)
Well, I do that. I have a potentially traffic intensive trip home and I usually go straight to the gym once in town. I am generally hydrating the whole way there. It’s a recipe for failure.

Alrighty everyone, really digging this one. Saw her open for Punch Brothers last year, just her and guitar. Last month she was in Andrew Bird’s band and sings on My Finest Work Yet. This is an awesome debut from a very talented singer songwriter. It’s like a laid back version of Margaret Glasper. I especially would like to her @Teeeee and @Twentytwo ‘s thoughts on this, but feel free to chime in if you give it a listen. (Also, it came out on Verve Forecast and has a very nice pressing available):

Alrighty everyone, really digging this one. Saw her open for Punch Brothers last year, just her and guitar. Last month she was in Andrew Bird’s band and sings on My Finest Work Yet. This is an awesome debut from a very talented singer songwriter. It’s like a laid back version of Margaret Glasper. I especially would like to her @Teeeee and @Twentytwo ‘s thoughts on this, but feel free to chime in if you give it a listen. (Also, it came out on Verve Forecast and has a very nice pressing available):

[/QUOTE}]

I saw your posts last night about it and had added it to my listen to list for the weekend. Psyched to see what it is about!!!

Back