Music Festivals

I went to Outlaw Music Festival on Friday.

Willie Nelson
ZZ Top
Zach Bryan
Charley Crockett
The War and Treaty
The Particle Kid

It started at 2/3 PM but I didn't get there until 5 PM. My wife needed to work and I had a bunch of stuff to do for work as well. I didn't want to see The War and Treaty or Particle Kid because 5 PM - 10:30 or so was long enough to be there, plus my wife is unfamiliar with any of the artists music that were performing.

Really excited about Zach and Charley because not only am I a big fan, but it's also there first time each performing in New Hampshire and I don't know if/when they will again.

1. Really impressed with Charley and his voice live was incredible. Nobody seated around me seemed familiar with him at all.

2. Zach probably did a 75 minute set. Pretty solid amount of time with two more acts hitting the stage after. There was a lot of 15-30 year olds around me and they were going nuts. Standing and belting every word. The people older than me (I'm mid 30's) were people in there 40s/50s/60s that came to see Willie/ZZ Top and had no clue who Zach was. They were flabbergasted that an opening act that they probably hadn't heard of was getting that kind of reaction. I heard a lot of older people ask "who is that and why are people going that crazy?" Real big disconnect. The older people seemed like they got into it though. by the end of Zach's set there was a large portion of the 9K or so in the venue screaming for an encore. Zach and his band were in great form, really tight.

3. ZZ Top. Not the biggest fan and I'm really only familiar with the hits. Some songs their vocals seemed poor but other songs their vocals seemed alright. It threw me off.

4. Willie Nelson. Great to check off the bucket list. I didn't know what it would be like with Willie performing at his age and health. It was fun. I saw maybe half his set and then had to call it a night.

Really sad that Oceans Calling was cancelled. We have been vacationing in OCMD for about 27 years (was pregnant with my youngest, doctor said not to travel more than 4 hours away) Fell in love with the beach / town and were ecstatic when this was announced. I've been watching the Hurricane Ian forecast closely, really thought we might be able to pull it off, so I went out this am, bought heavy duty ponchos and a new waterproof visor and on the drive home, the email came in. It's the right call. Safety must be the priority for artists, vendors and attendees. Disappointed, but hoping that they try again next year. (Happy to say that my hotel finally agreed to a full refund - they were hedging, but I emphasized that we've stayed there MANY MANY times in the past 25 years, so they finally relented after saying that it was less than 72 hours that we were arriving)
1664479821155.png

Really sad that Oceans Calling was cancelled. We have been vacationing in OCMD for about 27 years (was pregnant with my youngest, doctor said not to travel more than 4 hours away) Fell in love with the beach / town and were ecstatic when this was announced. I've been watching the Hurricane Ian forecast closely, really thought we might be able to pull it off, so I went out this am, bought heavy duty ponchos and a new waterproof visor and on the drive home, the email came in. It's the right call. Safety must be the priority for artists, vendors and attendees. Disappointed, but hoping that they try again next year. (Happy to say that my hotel finally agreed to a full refund - they were hedging, but I emphasized that we've stayed there MANY MANY times in the past 25 years, so they finally relented after saying that it was less than 72 hours that we were arriving)
View attachment 152732
next year is already in the works!

Chris Stapleton, Zach Byan, Cody Johnson, Riley Green, Jo Dee Messina, Travis Tritt, etc.[

Wow, that is a lineup. Weezer is very out of place though.
If I didn't have Dead & Company in Pittsburgh the day after, I'd probably go.

I asked my brother and he's still so mad at Railbird for how much of a shit show the last festival was with water and shade shortages that he's refusing to go back.

Back