Music Festivals

Ohana was just announced, I wonder if there will be a second weekend since Stone Gossard said in an interview that Painted Shield was going to play it.

View attachment 135295
Yeah, I was surprised not to see them on the bill. Was hoping that maybe we'd get them and the Rockfords. Happy with the lineup though, will definitely go Friday / Saturday, and prob. Sunday too.

Well, Pickathon announced the lineup. It's always a good time, but I'm not sure this is a $350 festival. Maybe I've just seen most of the bands here I want to.

View attachment 135408
Did they forget to paste in the row with the actual headliners? Because it's hard to imagine seeking out Valerie June for a festival with the intention that she is the #1 headliner. A fine artist, but...pretty niche right?

Then again I've never even heard of the #2 artist so what do I know.

Edit: maybe it's just been too long since I've been out of the house, but is the #11 artist at Pickathon a podcast?

Did they forget to paste in the row with the actual headliners? Because it's hard to imagine seeking out Valerie June for a festival with the intention that she is the #1 headliner. A fine artist, but...pretty niche right?

Edit: maybe it's just been too long since I've been out of the house, but is the #11 artist at Pickathon a podcast?

For reference, Goth Babe is on the 3rd to last line of this fest, which is $100. Lineup - All Things Go Music Festival

Big oof.

It's kind of a bummer, as I just moved within walking distance of this festival. But just as you said, it's missing the top few rows. Below is the last one they had in 2019. I know the festival has changed leadership, and a ton of things have to change as their parking area has been sold off and houses being built on them. But still, they could manage someone that could be called a mid-level headliner I would think.

1649785940882.png

Well, Pickathon announced the lineup. It's always a good time, but I'm not sure this is a $350 festival. Maybe I've just seen most of the bands here I want to.

View attachment 135408
Well, the more I look through this the more I think it will be solid. A lot of lesser known bands that I'll be able to get right up to and watch. Didn't see Tobacco City all the way down there at the bottom! The rap action actually looks solid too with Sampa, Billy Woods, Armand Hammer. And the country/folk and jazz is solid.

View attachment 135408
That is highway robbery for $350. I'm assuming that's the lowest price point. And absolutely no disrespect to any of the artists listed but that's not worth $350.

View attachment 135408

That has to be the weakest fest lineup at that price point I've ever seen. The upside is that it's a rather deep lineup (Cassandra Jenkins and Yasmin Williams on LIne 7 is really nice) but I don't even think they're lacking headliners, they're lacking headliners and secondary artists.

It'll probably be a good time as there are a lot of good artists listed but not for that price

That is highway robbery for $350. I'm assuming that's the lowest price point. And absolutely no disrespect to any of the artists listed but that's not worth $350.
That has to be the weakest fest lineup at that price point I've ever seen. The upside is that it's a rather deep lineup (Cassandra Jenkins and Yasmin Williams on LIne 7 is really nice) but I don't even think they're lacking headliners, they're lacking headliners and secondary artists.

It'll probably be a good time as there are a lot of good artists listed but not for that price
I'm warming up to going as I was putting a playlist together. And one thing with this fest, all the artists play twice over the three days.

I am not uncritical, and will admit that the headliners are seriously underwhelming this year. That said, this is a deep lineup with very little filler. I might be most excited about the bands in the third tier: Frankie & the Witch Fingers, Margo Cilker, Kassi Valazza, and Tobacco City are all going to be rad. Beyond that, Built to Spill and the UK jazz acts (Sons of Kemet, Nubya Garcia, Emma-Jean Thackray) have me fired up.

Regardless, Pickathon is mostly about the experience. Without exaggeration, it is unlike any other festival I have ever been to. Everything is designed so well, amazing food and beverage, no price gouging, all of the little details attended to. We have taken our daughters every year since they were 7 or so, camping on the farm all weekend. I'll typically see 20-25 bands over the course of the weekend, all at close range. I have discovered so many great bands for the first time at Pickathon, before they gained a wider audience. The lineup never blows you away up front, but you always go home with 3-5 of your favorite new bands. Underrated curation in my opinion.

Last edited:
I am not uncritical, and will admit that the headliners are seriously underwhelming this year. That said, this is a deep lineup with very little filler. I might be most excited about the bands in the third tier: Frankie & the Witch Fingers, Margo Cilker, Kassi Valazza, and Tobacco City are all going to be rad. Beyond that, Built to Spill and the UK jazz acts (Sons of Kemet, Nubya Garcia, Emma-Jean Thackray) have me fired up.

Regardless, Pickathon is mostly about the experience. Without exaggeration, it is unlike any other festival I have ever been to. Everything is designed so well, amazing food and beverage, no price gouging, all of the little details attended to. We have taken our daughters every year since they were 7 or so, camping on the farm all weekend. I'll typically see 20-25 bands over the course of the weekend, all at close range. I have discovered so many great bands for the first time at Pickathon, before they gained a wider audience. The lineup never blows you away up front, but you always go home with 3-5 of your favorite new bands. Underrated curation in my opinion.
As I was putting together a playlist, I found it a bit more fulfilling than first glance. It's pretty deep in newer acts, and I'm looking forward to checking the ones I don't know out. Really would like to see how/if the layout is changing.

This Riot lineup is 🔥 🔥 🔥

Then again, I really only care if there's 4-5 acts I need to see each day (any more and it gets stressful), and there's def 4-5 I gotta see each day.

This Riot lineup is 🔥 🔥 🔥

Then again, I really only care if there's 4-5 acts I need to see each day (any more and it gets stressful), and there's def 4-5 I gotta see each day.
Be pretty cool to see SDRE, and Sunday looks fun, but yeah. Meh
Damn...I love this lineup... what's wrong with y'all?🤔
I would absolutely go and watch a lot of those bands but I've seen plenty of them already. So is there a big ticket band that's worth the $300 for me? not really. I last went in 2014 when GAs went for as low as $70. I paid $150 since I waited to see who was playing first. Seems like every music festival is, at minimum, $300 nowadays.

1652284648176.png

Back