Music Festivals

FmHpS39WQAMSRai

First to admit that I'm out of touch but am I the only one surprised to see Odesza as a headliner at Bonnaroo? Not a hater, I'm just truly shocked to think of them as that big of an act.
I'm always surprised when I see EDM acts play large venues in SF then they always sell out and add more dates. It's crazy to me but there definitely seems to be a huge fan base for these types of acts.

I'm always surprised when I see EDM acts play large venues in SF then they always sell out and add more dates. It's crazy to me but there definitely seems to be a huge fan base for these types of acts.
That's fair I suppose, but even then I just really wasn't aware that Odesza specifically was at that level.

I wouldn't really consider Odesza EDM, as that feels reductive to their sound. When we saw them at a festival they put on a drum and lights show, plus a bunch of other things that would veer into indie, pop, IDM, even hip hop. They've got a huge following and their albums are a pretty relaxing, somewhat chillwave-esque listen at times.

I wouldn't really consider Odesza EDM, as that feels reductive to their sound. When we saw them at a festival they put on a drum and lights show, plus a bunch of other things that would veer into indie, pop, IDM, even hip hop. They've got a huge following and their albums are a pretty relaxing, somewhat chillwave-esque listen at times.
Yeah I feel the same. I actually like their albums a fair amount and think there's more to it than the stereotype of just hitting play on a laptop. Just no idea they were that big.

I saw Odesza at Boston Calling one year, I think they were 2nd billed for a day? Really good time and good crowd.

Boston Calling is interesting this year. That Sunday lineup is really good and Friday has some good highlights. I might end up there for a day

Holy Hell, that Boston Calling lineup. Going to get all 3 days for sure.

Just signed up for the Pre-sale Code. Got no code yet. Is presale live yet?

Edit: presale starts the 12th.

Last edited:
Back