Music Festivals

Really hoping Boston Calling has a better year than 2022...
  • Foo had to cancel
  • Rage Against The Machine cancelled
  • The Strokes had to cancel last minute (COVID)
  • King Gizzard had to cancel last minute (COVID)
  • Festival evacuated one day for a few hours due to a rain storm

@Bohnjaggs if you’re gonna break your Chella streak this is probably the year to do it

Yeah. 2022 was our last year for awhile but this is still pretty good. Gorillaz, Bjork, The Breeders, Chemical Brothers, Blondie (!), Wet Leg, Snail Mail, Weyes Blood, Kali Uchis, Pusha T. I haven't even fully read through the lineup yet but those are the ones that initially stood out.

Edit: Also Sudan Archives and Momma

Last edited:
Yeah. 2022 was our last year for awhile but this is still pretty good. Gorillaz, Bjork, The Breeders, Chemical Brothers, Blondie (!), Wet Leg, Snail Mail, Weyes Blood, Kali Uchis, Pusha T. I haven't even fully read through the lineup yet but those are the ones that initially stood out.
These along with Comet Is Coming gives me hope for some good Localchella shows down here in San Diego.

Kilby Block Party (in Utah!) has somehow assembled one of the best festival lineups I've ever seen. The Walkmen and Pavement were enough to get me there, but again, so much more to like on this lineup.

44629721-62E9-4A48-8865-DB44490CE162.jpeg

Last edited:
Kilby Block Party (in Utah!) has somehow assembled one of the best festival lineups I've ever seen. The Walkmen and Pavement were enough to get me there, but again, so much more to like on this lineup.

FmRwULsXoAABHUC

Best festival 🎎 lineup so far this year!

More details on it

So...I'm conflicted. On one hand, GREAT curation - second liners that synergize perfectly with the first liners, high quality opening acts, very solid "megashow" vibes. On the other hand, I am assuming $120 w/ fees to see artists who would be treated a lot better in a less expansive setting playing trunacted sets (presumedly) with an overstuff amphitheatre crowd. If you're doing a 3-day which, I assume, would be like $280 after fees...isn't it worth paying the extra 70 bucks or so and getting a full three day card like Boston Calling? I suppose if you really prefer the headliners this makes more sense but selfishly I was hoping that the Boygenius tour would be like their first one - limited solo sets leading to a Boygenius final set.

Lineup announcement next Tuesday. I was so sad that it was canceled due to the hurricane last year (would have been its inaugural year) Very curious to see if they got some of the scheduled acts to return or if it will be a completely different lineup.

I booked a room months ago in anticipation.

1678137167214.png

Back