Music Festivals

Adult Swim Festival

lineup-box-list-BY-DAY.png

Anybody hitting up Forecastle this weekend? I was initially very excited for this lineup but sooo many people have dropped out this year. Noname, First Aid Kit, Denzel Curry, Highly Suspect and Calpurnia have all dropped and it's deflated my hype severely. But I'm still excited for Pakk, I guess.

Anybody hitting up Forecastle this weekend? I was initially very excited for this lineup but sooo many people have dropped out this year. Noname, First Aid Kit, Denzel Curry, Highly Suspect and Calpurnia have all dropped and it's deflated my hype severely. But I'm still excited for Pakk, I guess.
I’ll be there. I haven’t really looked into it at all, but my wife wanted to go. I think she upgraded to the Yacht Club passes. Last I heard there was nobody she wanted to see on Saturday, so we might just spend that day eating & drinking our way through Louisville (highly recommend Israel Nash that day though — he’s like if Neil Young had grown up in Texas in the 90s, I’m a big fan).

I’ll be there. I haven’t really looked into it at all, but my wife wanted to go. I think she upgraded to the Yacht Club passes. Last I heard there was nobody she wanted to see on Saturday, so we might just spend that day eating & drinking our way through Louisville (highly recommend Israel Nash that day though — he’s like if Neil Young had grown up in Texas in the 90s, I’m a big fan).
Anderson Paak is headlining saturday, it'll be worth going just for that.

Anyway, if you want to meet up at any point just hmu!

Just got my media approval for Pickathon, so I'm pretty hyped about that one. I checked last night and saw that they were supposed to contact anyone approved by yesterday at the latest, so I thought we might be out of luck.

After this announcement for Desert Daze, I feel like I officially have to figure out how to get down there for that. The lineup is ridiculous

This'll be the first time in 3 years that I haven't been there. Good lineup, but have another vacation set up for this weekend/next week so couldn't swing it.

so some of y'all know/inferred that I work music festivals as one of my main gigs, and I've been a fest rat since childhood...
BUT this hilariously sums up all the worst tropes, and has me and my coworkers giggling while we are working a hot music festival in a parking lot in Chicago. hope y'all are all catching some good live noise this season!

you are hereby sentenced

so some of y'all know/inferred that I work music festivals as one of my main gigs, and I've been a fest rat since childhood...
BUT this hilariously sums up all the worst tropes, and has me and my coworkers giggling while we are working a hot music festival in a parking lot in Chicago. hope y'all are all catching some good live noise this season!

you are hereby sentenced
I’ve never gone to a big multi-day festival and I probably never will bc I like comfort but there’s still a part of me that says I should do it at least once.

you are hereby sentenced
I laughed way harder at this than I should have.
Thank you

Our folk festival is this weekend, looking forward to seeing Sharon Van Etten, Nathaniel Ratecliff, Fast Romantics, Belle & Sebastian and Tune-Yards. The lineup isn't quite as good (for me) as the last few years but the weather is looking good, time for 3.5 days of laying outside, drinking and live music.

Riot Fest daily line-ups went up today! And they've got single day passes at a fair and equitable $50 for a limited time. The current 3-day pass is $150. Got to love a fest that doesn't extort their base. Of course, I'll be there all three days! Sunday is going to be nuts and full of conflicts though!

2019-ADMAT-SINGLEDAY-NEWSPOST-EBLAST-1.png

Going to Outside Lands for the first time - looking like just Saturday. Any recommendations on artists I need to check out? Currently only familiar with ALLBLACK, Tierra Whack, Ella Mai, Hozier, Flume, Gambino, Santigold and Cupcakke. And don’t really listen to many of them regularly 24881ADB-2964-48DE-817F-CB8667AA605E.jpeg

Back